Nice place to have lunch in town?

AYBABTU

Can anyone recommend a nice place to have lunch in town.

Upmarket preferred.

Not cheap & cheerful / all you can eat buffets.

We did think about new Macdonald hotel but menu looks very expensive for what you get (£ 11 for pasta?!) - any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!

You wont find many up-market resteraunts i town,most of them are cheap and cheerful as are aimed at the student market,Yates on division street is very good and there are a few up on west street that arent too bad.Your best bet is to get in touch with Martin Dawes from the Sheffield Star,he does a food review every weds night and is generally spot on.

Hope this helps.

Is it for a date type thing or with work colleagues?

If a date then I would choose the Wig & Pen on Campo lane. Very upmarket menu & nice atmosphere.

If work then there's another place on Campo Lane called "rush Hour" that looks a bit more sophisticated than your average shef lunch venue. I haven't eaten ther but those I know who have were impressed.

EDIT: Here's the Wig & Pen Website: http://www.wigandpensheffield.com/site.htm

It's got the lunch menu on there.

(but personally I think the tapas menu is so fab I prefer 1-2 tapas dishes for lunch instead!)

The Lounge has lovely homemade food for lunch, I think they serve until 3pm. The food is delicious but the atmosphere is a bit more casual than the Wig & Pen. It's more of a coffee type venue during the day. The smoked duck salad with pomegranate seeds is my favourite :)

Ha Ha! is always good. Quite laid back but good service and food and drink menu.

Yates is a joke, dont ever go there.

I don't know if Boho on campo lane do a lunch time menu but its very good in there.

Antibo's in west one is also quite decent, cheaper than boho but food isnt quite on par.

I can vouch for lounge being good but its very laid back, perhaos not suitable for a business lunch if thats what you're looking for.

Crystal is also pretty hot.

Archived