Nice place to have lunch in town?

AYBABTU

I went to the Saffron Club on Glossop Road (in the old Glossop Roads Baths - next to Hu Wei) for lunch the other day. Fantastic! Only £4.95 for a choice of curry + naan + rice and a soft drink. Food was really delicious, and the place has been done out really nicely. Ill definitely be back :)

Can't beat a lunchtime curry :thumbsup: give it a try...

• 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend a nice place to have lunch in town.

Upmarket preferred.

Not cheap & cheerful / all you can eat buffets.

We did think about new Macdonald hotel but menu looks very expensive for what you get (£ 11 for pasta?!) - any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!

Old Crown Inn does lovely food on Scotland street, not expensive at all but good quality food, well presented and quick.

As far as I know there are no decent restaurants anywhere in Sheffield. The best I know of is All Bar One and that is just a pub chain trying to be "sophisticated"..innit. If you like Pizza Hut and Nando's type of garbage, fast food places, then you are spoilt for choice. The Forum can be okay sometimes. I've heard of a place Time (?) in Crosspool that is supposed to be good, but also heard it has changed owners. Ecclesall Road used to have a lot of places, but from what I've heard it's just chains again without an actual chef to be seen, just people to heat up the food and get the order's wrong. Iguana's at West One is possibly the worst "restaurant" I have ever been in....the service was very good, but that's where it ends. Reminded me of the Catherine Tate show sketch when ordering. Will give the Wig and Pen a try...have heard it mentioned a few times

Archived