Migrant Dead.

......and another fighting for life after boat sinks in Channel

The coastguard was alerted to a boat with more than 60 passengers on board in difficulty on Thursday night.

The coastguard was alerted to a boat with more than 60 passengers thought to be migrants on board in difficulty around 8km (five miles) off the northern French coast on Thursday night.

A rescue ship arrived in under 30 minutes and found one of the boat’s tubes was deflated and people in the water, the agency said.

https://news.stv.tv/world/migrant-dead-and-another-in-a-critical-condition-after-boat-sinks-in-english-channel

Your thoughts?

30 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

The coastguard was alerted to a boat with more than 60 passengers on board in difficulty on Thursday night.

The coastguard was alerted to a boat with more than 60 passengers thought to be migrants on board in difficulty around 8km (five miles) off the northern French coast on Thursday night.

A rescue ship arrived in under 30 minutes and found one of the boat’s tubes was deflated and people in the water, the agency said.

https://news.stv.tv/world/migrant-dead-and-another-in-a-critical-condition-after-boat-sinks-in-english-channel

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

42 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Your thoughts?

Don't take a dart board on a inflatable some one is always going to say lets have a game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

I thought that was for legals only.

The borders are open - once someone gets into a EU member state, signed up to that agreement, nobody bothers. And France probably isn't where they entered.

Edited by RollingJ

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

The borders are open - once someone gets into a EU member state, signed up to that agreement, nobody bothers. And France probably isn't where they entered.

Can you tell me the difference between closed and open borders, neither really stop immigration.

We have 35 million fly to the UK per year, I guess they can just overstay.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Can you tell me the difference between closed and open borders, neither really stop immigration.

We have 35 million fly to the UK per year, I guess they can just overstay.

They possibly could, but most of those 35m come legitimately, and most are recorded as coming in/going out.

In the case of the countries signed up to Shengen - they are not recorded, so can stay unobserved.