Migrant Dead.

19 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

sad as it is its self inflicted ? if they stayed safe in France it wouldn't have happened , not much sympathy here as it was wholly preventable by the french but they sit back and watch it happen passively encouraging it!

nothing to do with the Tory way is it really, more to do with the French doing naff all!

It is a British job to protect British borders.     Why should we expect the French to do anything to protect our borders ?         Do we protect Frances borders for them ?

If the Tories are daft enough to pay them to do hardly anything then,    that shows the Tories stupidity.     Can't have it both ways.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It is a British job to protect British borders.     Why should we expect the French to do anything to protect our borders ?         Do we protect Frances borders for them ?

If the Tories are daft enough to pay them to do hardly anything then,    that shows the Tories stupidity.     Can't have it both ways.

you can spin it all you like, the french dont stop them coming in because they know the target is the UK ?? whys that do you think? as for protecting our borders i agree we are making a crap job of it , i would be dragging the boats back into french waters and have constant navy patrols , we seem to find the money to defend ships off somalia etc or even engage a private security co to stop them.

Just now, ab6262 said:

you can spin it all you like, the french dont stop them coming in because they know the target is the UK ?? whys that do you think? as for protecting our borders i agree we are making a crap job of it , i would be dragging the boats back into french waters and have constant navy patrols , we seem to find the money to defend ships off somalia etc or even engage a private security co to stop them.

What I said is plain fact and not spin.    It is OUR job to protect OUR borders  -  how could it ever be otherwise.

I won't argue with the rest of your post but the French bear no responsibility whatsoever for OUR borders.

It's just the Tory habit of always blaming someone else when they get things wrong.

It wouldn't take much effort for anyone to invade us these days would it ?

If the French were doing what we're paying them millions of pounds to do and stopping these crossings, this wouldn't have happened. Given that they seem incapable of doing what we're paying them to do, I would have thought we'd be perfectly justified in helping them by picking up the ones who get away and returning them. They should be grateful to us for helping them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

Only applies for citizens of EU member states.

Those arriving illegally into France with the intention of reaching the UK aren't covered by Schengen. 

OK. I actually thought of that after I had posted, but got distracted before I could amend it.

8 minutes ago, despritdan said:

If the French were doing what we're paying them millions of pounds to do and stopping these crossings, this wouldn't have happened. Given that they seem incapable of doing what we're paying them to do, I would have thought we'd be perfectly justified in helping them by picking up the ones who get away and returning them. They should be grateful to us for helping them.

More fool us for paying the French to do our job.  that's the Tories crafty way of pushing the blame onto someone else.

As they seem incapable we should stop paying them and do the job ourselves.

You cannot send anyone back to another country without an agreement and Johnson tore the agreement up  ( the Dublin Agreement )  when he did Brexit.

They have no reason to be grateful for something which is to our benefit and not theirs.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

More fool us for paying the French to do our job.  that's the Tories crafty way of pushing the blame onto someone else.

As they seem incapable we should stop paying them and do the job ourselves.

You cannot send anyone back to another country without an agreement and Johnson tore the agreement up  ( the Dublin Agreement )  when he did Brexit.

They have no reason to be grateful for something which is to our benefit and not theirs.

It should have been part of the contract that any migrants who get away from France would be returned. We're paying them to stop these crossings and we should expect value for money.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, despritdan said:

It should have been part of the contract that any migrants who get away from France would be returned. We're paying them to stop these crossings and we should expect value for money.

You're quite correct.  It should have been but it isn't.  Can't rely on our dozy lot to solve any problem.

Europe wanted to renegotiate the Dublin Agreement when we left,  but Johnson told them we didn't need it and refused.

It's just down to our calibre of politicians.

48 minutes ago, despritdan said:

They are allowed to apply for asylum as soon as they are picked because of the 1951 Refugee Convention agreement.  Withdrawing from the outdated agreement will give the UK government more options to get rid of illegal economic migrants.

15 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You're quite correct.  It should have been but it isn't.  Can't rely on our dozy lot to solve any problem.

Europe wanted to renegotiate the Dublin Agreement when we left,  but Johnson told them we didn't need it and refused.

It's just down to our calibre of politicians.

You have been told numerous times the Dublin Agreement is useless.