Reputable Used Car Dealers?

My neighbour is having major issues with her current car and has asked me to have a look online for a used car for her, however never having bought a used car I have no idea who the reputable dealers are.

Can anyone point me towards some?

We had a trip to Motorpoint and The Trade Centre at Parkgate at the weekend, neither of which she was particularly impressed with.

She asked me to look for smaller, independant places instead.

Must be a place that does finance as she does't have a lump sum.

Only wants a smallish car, she currently has an old style Nissan Micra, and wants something roughly the same size... the main stipulation was no smaller on the boot.

Edited by Pyrotequila
Added details

Can't remember the name at the moment, but two of my neighbours bought really good s/h cars from a Chesterfield company, I'll check in the morning for you.

They also service them, and do a collection/loan car service - the two people concerned have never had a problem, and speak highly of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pyrotequila said:

I should have mentioned, she doesn't have a lump sum to purchase one outright, it would have to be done on finance, and she's a pensioner so she has a limited amount each month...

She loves to give me a challenge :lol:

A long time since I've had much to do with the motor trade, but what are the issues with the car? I know the two people I mentioned p/x'd good runners for a good price, so she may get something for the current one.

21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

A long time since I've had much to do with the motor trade, but what are the issues with the car? I know the two people I mentioned p/x'd good runners for a good price, so she may get something for the current one.

I don't know the details too much, but when we were in there driving it was rattling, banging and creaking like I've never heard a car before every time it went over a bump, I was genuinely worried about how safe it was.

They offered her £600 part exchange at Motorpoint.

The frustrating part is she's set in her ways, so she's hoping for another Micra, but I couldn't find any decent ones listed online.

There was a fairly nice Smart ForFour at Motorpoint for around £130 a month, but she didn't like the colour.... just.. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Pyrotequila said:

I don't know the details too much, but when we were in there driving it was rattling, banging and creaking like I've never heard a car before every time it went over a bump, I was genuinely worried about how safe it was.

They offered her £600 part exchange at Motorpoint.

The frustrating part is she's set in her ways, so she's hoping for another Micra, but I couldn't find any decent ones listed online.

There was a fairly nice Smart ForFour at Motorpoint for around £130 a month, but she didn't like the colour.... just.. 🤦‍♂️

Rather you than me 🤣

• Haha 1