Reputable Used Car Dealers?

1 minute ago, Pyrotequila said:

I don't know the details too much, but when we were in there driving it was rattling, banging and creaking like I've never heard a car before every time it went over a bump, I was genuinely worried about how safe it was.

They offered her £600 part exchange at Motorpoint.

The frustrating part is she's set in her ways, so she's hoping for another Micra, but I couldn't find any decent ones listed online.

There was a fairly nice Smart ForFour at Motorpoint for around £130 a month, but she didn't like the colour.... just.. 🤦‍♂️

How old is it/is it regularly serviced? Sounds like it might not be, but let me double check the source of my neighbours cars.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

How old is it/is it regularly serviced? Sounds like it might not be, but let me double check the source of my neighbours cars.

2011, regularly serviced but probably not treated or driven as well as a car would like to be... she lends it to her daughters 😉

3 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

2011, regularly serviced but probably not treated or driven as well as a car would like to be... she lends it to her daughters 😉

OK - 'very' old in todays market, but if it is mechanically sound (except for the noise 😉 ) it might be worth more than she was offered.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

Should be a short thread.

Helpful - NOT!

19 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

The frustrating part is she's set in her ways, so she's hoping for another Micra, but I couldn't find any decent ones listed online.

Bless her, hope you can sort her out. My mate swears by Motorpoint, he's used them quite a few times. I have no idea about them as I don't have a branch anywhere near me but I do look at their offers and prices which are competitive. How about a trip to Derby or Manchester?

47 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

52 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I should have mentioned, she doesn't have a lump sum to purchase one outright, it would have to be done on finance, and she's a pensioner so she has a limited amount each month...

She loves to give me a challenge :lol:

You should have said..

Would she like a battered Isuzu trooper, 19 miles to the gallon, smokes like a chimney on cold mornings for the limited offer of a 250 pounds (pensioner special) per month?

As an added bonus I will leave in the manky carpet that the dogs sit on?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Can't remember the name at the moment, but two of my neighbours bought really good s/h cars from a Chesterfield company, I'll check in the morning for you.

They also service them, and do a collection/loan car service - the two people concerned have never had a problem, and speak highly of them.

Brocklehursts? 😀

echo.