Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Cardiff

bassett one

Wednesdays inability to take chances cost them the chance to claw further toward the safety line after dominating play for a large part of the game, Dawson making just one decent stop, untill Cardiff turned up for just 15 minutes and two calamatious mistakes in defence cost them points, johnson got caught upfield losing possession and leaving a huge gap that cardiff exploited, Famewo went to cover leaving the space for player to pass past Dawson into the corner and the 2nd came via a deflection off Valentins foot wrong footing Dawson the ball squirms out of his grasp and and Famewo under pressure to clear slides into the net with the ball.

Wednesday had two pen claims turned away, but had 3 chances that should have hit the back of the net and the season long issue of a lack of goals throughout the squad again cost them points.

It was looking so good until they threw it away. Harsh to blame Dawson for both goals. Maybe could of done better with the first but the second was definitely his fault. Yet again we are our own worst enemy. 1 goal leads are always dangerous, we need to take more chances especially in games like that where we were dominant.

I hope we can get some extra quality in January and keep it to at least 6 points difference before then.

Dawson needs dropping now. First goal he's just too slow reacting and going down, the second was just a calamity and down to him. Did the first get a deflection off of Famewo as well, did we score all 3 goals? Famewo 2 and Musaba 1?😂 Short highlights here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13030888/sheffield-wednesday-1-2-cardiff-city-karlan-grant-and-an-akin-famewo-own-goal-seals-late-turnaround-win-for-bluebirds

1 hour ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

Dawson needs dropping now. First goal he's just too slow reacting and going down, the second was just a calamity and down to him. Did the first get a deflection off of Famewo as well, did we score all 3 goals? Famewo 2 and Musaba 1?😂 Short highlights here.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13030888/sheffield-wednesday-1-2-cardiff-city-karlan-grant-and-an-akin-famewo-own-goal-seals-late-turnaround-win-for-bluebirds

There’s a nasty deflection on that first goal, right into the corner. I’m not particularly impressed by Dawson, but I don’t think that the goal was his fault.

The second one was entirely down to him. I can’t see how he failed to hold that shot.

• Like 1