Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think it's pretty sad really, all these prejudiced people spending so much time and effort on something that doesn't concern them, and about people they profess to dislike.

Perhaps if they focused on their own lives they'd be happier people.

Very true,  we just can't shake them off.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

It would be a grand sight to see ladies sitting on the stainless steel troff int Gents bog int Norfolk on Dixon Lane .

Specially when plug hole is blocked .

I don't know what would be grand about that but I'll take your word for it,   whilst I figure out the connection between that and a gay wedding.

36 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." - Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them" - Leviticus 20:13

It's pretty clear from a Biblical point of view that homosexuality is forbidden in Christianity.

You are also wrong on your last point. It's not illegal to film people on the streets, as there's no expectation of privacy in a public place. If you disagree then could you quote the law that prevents it? It was also just a throwaway comment that you can still act like a tit without breaking the law. I have no interest in filming anyone in public, and your attempt to smear me as some weirdo is pathetic really.

No need to quote the bible to me.  It's a book I am more than familiar with which proves my view that it can be rather laughable in places.

As some of the men who wrote the bible may have been as prejudiced as yourself.  that carries very little weight.

I certainly find it easy to believe that you DO know all there is to be known regarding acting like a tit and I have no interest whatsoever in what you do in your private life.

You believe you should have a say in a gay couples wedding and I believe the exact opposite and  so I  think you're prejudiced and dictatorial and that it's nothing to do with you..

Your  "throw away comment"  would have been better thrown away.

Edited by Organgrinder

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

No need to quote the bible to me.  It's a book I am more than familiar with which proves my view that it can be rather laughable in places.

As some of the men who wrote the bible may have been as prejudiced as yourself.  that carries very little weight.

I certainly find it easy to believe that you DO know all there is to be known regarding acting like a tit and I have no interest whatsoever in what you do in your private life.

You believe you should have a say in a gay couples wedding and I believe the exact opposite and  so I  think you're prejudiced and dictatorial and that it's nothing to do with you..

Do you ever stop insulting posters?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I said the Bible clearly denounces homosexuality. You replied saying that it can be interpreted in different ways, so I gave you specific verses from it which clearly denounce homosexuality specifically. You are just moving the goalposts now.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do you ever stop insulting posters?

If you mean " do I often throw their very own words back at them " ? ,     then YES, very frequently.

Do you ever discuss the subject of the thread instead of discussing me ?

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If you mean " do I often throw their very own words back at them " ? ,     then YES, very frequently.

Do you ever discuss the subject of the thread instead of discussing me ?

Yes, check out lots of my posts.

👍

3 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

I said the Bible clearly denounces homosexuality. You replied saying that it can be interpreted in different ways, so I gave you specific verses from it which clearly denounce homosexuality specifically. You are just moving the goalposts now.

I've already told you that I knew that and that I consider to be so prejudiced that it's laughable. Many others will share my views and there will be others who don't.  Always room for 2 views.   

Surely I don't have to keep repeating that until you  "get it"

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Yes, check out lots of my posts.

👍

And   "Gays marrying at the church"  ?????????????????

14 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I've already told you that I knew that and that I consider to be so prejudiced that it's laughable. Many others will share my views and there will be others who don't.  Always room for 2 views.   

Surely I don't have to keep repeating that until you  "get it"

And   "Gays marrying at the church"  ?????????????????

I couldn't care less if two cats wanted to get married in a church.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vrsaljko said:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." - Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them" - Leviticus 20:13

It's pretty clear from a Biblical point of view that homosexuality is forbidden in Christianity.

If you're going to quote Leviticus to support your point you'll be expected to abide by all the rules and restriction in Leviticus or you'll undermine your argument and be accused of being a hypocrite. So, do you have any clothes that are made of mixes fibres? How do you defend your support of slavery?