Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

You’re just going to have to suck it up, you old fossil.

The world has moved on.  UK law has moved on. Even the CofE have moved on.

You should consider stopping the homophobic posts and try to learn to celebrate the diversity of human life.

There's no need to be impertinent,  diversity can include a lot of behaviours which can be disgusting,  even criminal.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Axe said:

You the one who need help to become a rational sensible contributor. 

It's clear to anyone and everyone the Prettytom is one of the absolute top notch contributors to this forum, and demolishes the pond life such as yourself with a twitch of the finger, and doesn't need me to stand his corner, but oops I just have done.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Off topic.  Start your on thread about child abuse and the churches rather than trying to derail my topical relevant thread.

NOT OFF TOPIC blunty.  The topic is the  Church of England,  and I am as much on topic as you are.

In any case, you will never be allowed to dictate to me what I write.

Take a jump pal.

28 minutes ago, cressida said:

There's no need to be impertinent,  diversity can include a lot of behaviours which can be disgusting,  even criminal.

So can what is loosely termed  "normal behaviour" too.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I have nothing against homosexuals or lesbians  living together being protected with a civil partnership and enjoying the same benefits legally  as a male and female couple married enjoy.  However, I am against same sex couples either being married in a church or being blessed in a church. It is wrong to consider same sex relationships as the same as a union between a man and women married in a church and disrespectful to the memory  of those lucky enough to have had parents and grandparents married in churches.  There is nothing to celebrate about the institution of marriage being devalued and becoming a mockery. 

What a condescending post.  Obviously ranks him / her self higher than is the case.

I fully agree with  Prettytom's  comment too.

19 minutes ago, Axe said:

Because marriage is traditionally a union between a man and a woman,  Same sex marriages are a made up event not recognised in religion. 

Religion is just a series of made up events - often quoted by people to justify their prejudices.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1