Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Religion is just a series of made up events - often quoted by people to justify their prejudices.

There is nothing prejudice about supporting traditional religious  beliefs.  Are you an atheist?

1 minute ago, Axe said:

There is nothing prejudice about supporting traditional religious  beliefs.  Are you an atheist?

Funny how you never mention traditional religious beliefs when you're on here supporting Boris Johnson. No I'm not an atheist.

17 hours ago, Axe said:

It will not be long before same sex weddings will be allowed in Churches which will make a mockery out of the institution of marriage. There is nothing sacred anymore and our country and the Church of England are going to the dogs.

I can see why you think this, I used to think similarly. 

But now I believe Love is the sacred thing, and that should be celebrated. 

The church is trying to survive by moving with the times. People are searching for something to believe in and a place to gather together. The church is trying to provide both. It's 'holier than thou' status has been found seriously wanting, hypocrisy abounded, and it needed to change. 

God made us all. Jesus was accepting of all types.

In situations like this I always try and think 'what would Jesus do?' I believe he would have blessed genuine love.  

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Religion itself is mostly about prejudice so you couldn't be further from the truth.

It's also a way of fooling yourself that words in a book were written by a god instead of an ordinary bloke.

You sound as religious as people like Blair who prayed before and after bombing many of the innocent citizens of Baghdad.

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Religion itself is mostly about prejudice so you couldn't be further from the truth.

It's also a way of fooling yourself that words in a book were written by a god instead of an ordinary bloke.

You sound as religious as people like Blair who prayed before and after bombing many of the innocent citizens of Baghdad.

Are you an atheist?

19 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Funny how you never mention traditional religious beliefs when you're on here supporting Boris Johnson. No I'm not an atheist.

Have you been christened?

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

Are you an atheist?

I'm agnostic,   and had a very very close relationship with the church up until after the age of 17.

Can't see what that has to do with anything.  Everyone is entitled to believe what they please including you.  You are not entitled to lay your beliefs onto  others.

The only religious message which can be followed with no repercussions and no arguments is,  love must come first.  That makes it fully accessible to EVERYONE and not just you.

The bible says loads of crazy stuff:

A women will never teach or have authority over men.

Giving birth to a daughter makes you unclean for 66 days, but a son only 14 days.
A woman's punishment for defending her husband is to cut off her hand.
If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, with no children, that his brother should take his wife, and impregnate her in his brothers honour.
No illegitimate people may enter the church, which shall last for 10 generations.
Thou shalt not wear mixed fabrics.

Because crazy old men wrote it.

Edited by Palomar

2 minutes ago, Palomar said:

The bible says loads of crazy stuff:

A women will never teach or have authority over men.

Giving birth to a daughter makes you unclean for 66 days, but a son only 14 days.
A woman's punishment for defending her husband is to cut off her hand.
If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, with no children, that his brother should take his wife, and impregnate her in his brothers honour.
No illegitimate people may enter the church, which shall last for 10 generations.
Thou shalt not wear mixed fabrics.

Because crazy old men wrote it.

If you haven’t read this, ask Santa to sort you out a copy:

https://amzn.eu/d/akZFrAi

The Year Of Living Biblically

• Thanks 1