Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

30 minutes ago, Axe said:

I believe the prime minister of our country should be a christian.  The laws of our land are based on tradition christian beliefs outlined by the ten commandments. 

Do you think a Muslim country would allow a non Muslim to be their president or prime minister?

Boris wasn't much of a Christian was he ?   You still want him back as PM again .  Raises the question   -  do you REALLY believe the PM should be a Christian,  and if so,   explain Boris as a choice.  

I didn't know we were discussing the laws of our land or what they were based on.   

I do know there is a lot of lawless behaviour in Westminster these days and well past time  something was done  about it  as it's not very Christian behaviour.   Especially regarding Boris.

I've no idea but possibly not.  As we are not a Muslim country,  I don't know how this became relevant.

Edited by Organgrinder

26 minutes ago, Axe said:

I believe the prime minister of our country should be a christian.  The laws of our land are based on tradition christian beliefs outlined by the ten commandments.  Do you think a Muslim country would allow a non Muslim to be their president or prime minister?

I believe that we shouldn’t allow anyone religious near to any seat of power.

This world would be a much better place without creepy god botherers of any persuasion.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Axe said:

I believe the prime minister of our country should be a christian.  The laws of our land are based on tradition christian beliefs outlined by the ten commandments.  Do you think a Muslim country would allow a non Muslim to be their president or prime minister?

I'd prefer that the leader of our country didn't believe in an invisible man in the sky

It's disconcerting

It's the same as still believing in Father Christmas 🎅

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Not for long.   Does it make a difference what his religion is and why ?

Yes it does. Some religions are followed by the book, and lets say, for example that someone who believes arranged marriage is a good thing, and that person is in power of a government, then the likelihood of bringing his/her beliefs into their daily decision making is highly probable. So yes. Religion does make a difference in regards to who is in power.

10 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

Yes it does. Some religions are followed by the book, and lets say, for example that someone who believes arranged marriage is a good thing, and that person is in power of a government, then the likelihood of bringing his/her beliefs into their daily decision making is highly probable. So yes. Religion does make a difference in regards to who is in power.

I understand your argument but I don't think our system of government would allow anything like that to happen.

Our Prime Minister does not have unregulated power and could not impose on us without the backing of full Parliament,  any such religious form of government and law.

That means our Parliament would have to be populated with a majority of MP's who wanted this change and each one would have to overcome the objections in the area they represent.

I think that big business and money is the biggest threat to our system of rule as they show us at this moment,  that we are NOT going to dump fossil fuels,  even if the earth becomes uninhabitable.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I understand your argument but I don't think our system of government would allow anything like that to happen.

Our Prime Minister does not have unregulated power and could not impose on us without the backing of full Parliament,  any such religious form of government and law.

That means our Parliament would have to be populated with a majority of MP's who wanted this change and each one would have to overcome the objections in the area they represent.

I think that big business and money is the biggest threat to our system of rule as they show us at this moment,  that we are NOT going to dump fossil fuels,  even if the earth becomes uninhabitable.

Of course Parliament is more than one man, but i suppose it all depends on who that man is. Mrs Thatcher was just one woman, but by god her cabinet and underlings did exactly as she requested!!! Yes, you are right that the democracy is there but influence is a very powerful tool x

20 minutes ago, Axe said:

Just doing a straw poll.  I have a theory the atheists are more likely to support same sex church blessings than normal  christian folk. 

I'm an atheist and I think it's ridiculous quite frankly. There are plenty of other places to do it such as the registry office etc.