Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

I am not a big supporter of Boris Johnson. But I  continue to support Boris Johnson for one reason and that is that he  was the only politician who  was capable of gaining the support of the electorate to get the democratic  choice of the electorate done. That democratic choice was Brexit. 

It's quite something to have a  "Christian" on here, waving his finger at everyone's moral rights and wrongs,   who is not only calling for Johnson to be brought back into government,

willing to overlook all Johnson's lies and transgressions,   but then  tell public lies by saying he   IS NOT A BIG SUPPORTER OF JOHNSON.    So much for "Christian"  truth eh ?

Is that another marker of the church going to the dogs ?

2 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

I'm an atheist and I think it's ridiculous quite frankly. There are plenty of other places to do it such as the registry office etc.

Why should an atheist have any concern at all regarding what happens in a church and whether someone should be allowed ?

If someone has enough faith to want to marry in a church,  that seems perfectly alright to me.

On 20/12/2023 at 02:04, Vrsaljko said:

What next, a Muslim who eats bacon sandwiches? 

or Christians with Christmas trees.

The Bible is clear on this : don't decorate trees with shiny things - that's a worthless Heathen custom

(Jeremiah, 10)

57 minutes ago, ads36 said:

or Christians with Christmas trees.

The Bible is clear on this : don't decorate trees with shiny things - that's a worthless Heathen custom

(Jeremiah, 10)

That's his opinion,  did Jesus say that I don't think so.  

On 17/12/2023 at 18:29, Prettytom said:

****Hypocrisy warning*****

try to learn to celebrate the diversity of human life.

In some ways the word is more intolerant than it's ever been. Certain personality traits are deemed unacceptable in this world of ours. I know because my personality is not suited to this crap modern world where you have to be a quiet calm unquestioning uncontroversial uncomplaining rule follower or you will get into trouble.

Furthermore certain beliefs are no longer allowed, the thought police, hypocritical virtue signalling authoritarians, are active everywhere.

Edited by Chekhov

On 20/12/2023 at 02:04, Vrsaljko said:

Gay Christians? What next, a Muslim who eats bacon sandwiches? 

Do you think there are no gay Christians ?    I'm quite sure there will be quite a few.

There are all kinds of Christians including some who believe in God but think the bible is a load of codswallop.

I don't see why Muslims get brought into the argument either.

If gay Christians want to marry in a church,  I fail to see how that is harming anyone else.    maybe you could explain.

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

In some ways the word is more intolerant than it's ever been. Certain personality traits are deemed unacceptable in this world of ours. I know because my personality is not suited to this crap modern world where you have to be a quiet calm unquestioning uncontroversial uncomplaining rule follower or you will get into trouble.

Furthermore certain beliefs are no longer allowed, the thought police, hypocritical virtue signalling authoritarians, are active everywhere.

Firstly. If you quote me in the future, please don’t alter the quote by adding your own words to mine. It’s very dishonest.

Secondly, which opinions are you not allowed to have?

As I see it, you’ve got lots of opinions. Many of them bonkers, but they are opinions nonetheless. Nobody has told you that you aren’t allowed them. Many people have said that they are bonkers and told you why they think that.

You are mistaking disapproval for censorship.

Edited by Prettytom

44 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Secondly, which opinions are you not allowed to have?

As I see it, you’ve got lots of opinions. Many of them bonkers, but they are opinions nonetheless. Nobody has told you that you aren’t allowed them. Many people have said that they are bonkers and told you why they think that.

You are mistaking disapproval for censorship.

Are you seriously saying that, say, people disapproving of kids being almost encouraged to change sex are put on the Beeb as often as those thinking the opposite ?

What parallel universe do you live in ?

Nah, you have to have a certain personality and think a certain way to be socially acceptable these days. And what really annoys me is these people who are like that think they're tolerant and virtuous.

Edited by Chekhov