Our Church Of England Has Waved The White Flag Of Surrender

Axe

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Are you seriously saying that, say, people disapproving of kids being almost encouraged to change sex are put on the Beeb as often as those thinking the opposite ?

What parallel universe do you live in ?

Nah, you have to have a certain personality and think a certain way to be socially acceptable these days. And what really annoys me is these people who are like that think they're tolerant and virtuous.

That came out of nowhere. 

Let me ask again. Which opinions are you not allowed to have?

Guest ThaBoom
2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Do you think there are no gay Christians ?    I'm quite sure there will be quite a few.

There are all kinds of Christians including some who believe in God but think the bible is a load of codswallop.

I don't see why Muslims get brought into the argument either.

If gay Christians want to marry in a church,  I fail to see how that is harming anyone else.    maybe you could explain.

The issue may arise if the priest or whoever, that leads the church- follows the Bible/ Laws 💯 

I know there are certain passages from the Bible that disprove of same sex relations.

Two come to mind:

Leviticus 18:22 ~ You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

So, may be that's what the OP was alluding to. 

Just my thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

The issue may arise if the priest or whoever, that leads the church- follows the Bible/ Laws 💯 

I know there are certain passages from the Bible that disprove of same sex relations.

Two come to mind:

Leviticus 18:22 ~ You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

So, may be that's what the OP was alluding to. 

Just my thoughts. 

Too much interest in people's sex lives,  surely wrong.

Guest ThaBoom
6 minutes ago, cressida said:

It still wouldn't be anyone's business,  unless they are harming someone,  would it,  why?

BESTIALITY happens- doubt the animal has a say in that 😆 

Is that okay in your book?