Extortionate Car Insurance

51 minutes ago, geared said:

Alot of people have given up, if they're not on a comparison website they can sod off.

Direct Line for example, the times I have gone to the trouble of getting a quote from them it's never been remotely competitive.

The cheapest quote I got was calling the cheapest one on the comparision site. The comparison site was £200 more than speaking directly. 

I use the comparison sites as more of a shortlist creator. I then call the top 3 to 5 and see where I get from there. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Resident said:

The cheapest quote I got was calling the cheapest one on the comparision site. The comparison site was £200 more than speaking directly. 

I use the comparison sites as more of a shortlist creator. I then call the top 3 to 5 and see where I get from there. 

Well that always used to work for me up until this year.  This time my insurance quote went from £300 to £508.  The trouble was the comparison sites were all about the same.

25 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Well that always used to work for me up until this year.  This time my insurance quote went from £300 to £508.  The trouble was the comparison sites were all about the same.

I’ve found that with my car and my home insurance. Loads of quotes, all very close to each other. 

It’s almost as though they are working together 🙄

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’ve found that with my car and my home insurance. Loads of quotes, all very close to each other. 

It’s almost as though they are working together 🙄

It's long been accused (and denied) that insurance companies collude to keep prices at certain levels.