European Travel To Require Fingerprints

9 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

Great news. Really is. Security and protection is needed in every country. Saying that, France wont probably need it, as they are experts at keeping out immigration seekers. Pity they weren't as keen with the Germans in WW2.

Really?

Have you seen Paris recently?

20 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I guess this will only be used for people who want to travel legally at airports

The illegal migrants will be still be able to travel though the whole of Europe no questions asked

It is estimated that around 618,000 people could have been living in the UK without permission in 2007, as a result of overstaying their visa. But because this was an estimate, the study thought that in reality it could be anywhere between 417,000 and 863,000 people. Of these around 442,000 (72%) were thought to live in London.

That was when net immigration was 250,000 so with 745,000 those living in the UK without perimmision could be much higher.

14 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

Great news. Really is. Security and protection is needed in every country. Saying that, France wont probably need it, as they are experts at keeping out immigration seekers. Pity they weren't as keen with the Germans in WW2.

I really do get tired of this  repeated nonsense about France.  A few facts, France is the most successful military nation in Europe. In the years between 1109 and 1815 England/Britain and France  fought 41 wars.

Six of those wars were inconclusive ties , England/Britain won eleven and France won the other twenty four. https://www.thefrenchhistorypodcast.com/how-many-wars-have-france-and-england-fought-against-each-other/

Before that period, in 1066 Norman France invaded England and conquered it. Five Kings of England were born in France. No King  or Emperor of France was born in England. It's embarrassing, pack it in.

I have no French familial connection but I prefer fact to uninformed myth.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I really do get tired of this  repeated nonsense about France.  A few facts, France is the most successful military nation in Europe. In the years between 1109 and 1815 England/Britain and France  fought 41 wars.

Six of those wars were inconclusive ties , England/Britain won eleven and France won the other twenty four. https://www.thefrenchhistorypodcast.com/how-many-wars-have-france-and-england-fought-against-each-other/

Before that period, in 1066 Norman France invaded England and conquered it. Five Kings of England were born in France. No King  or Emperor of France was born in England. It's embarrassing, pack it in.

I have no French familial connection but I prefer fact to uninformed myth.

One has to take into consideration that the French did have the unfair advantage of breathing stale garlic into the direction of the English, rendering them unable gain any sense of battle like capabilities for at least five minutes, thus giving ample time for the French to simply rodger them into submission.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

One has to take into consideration that the French did have the unfair advantage of breathing stale garlic into the direction of the English, rendering them unable gain any sense of battle like capabilities for at least five minutes, thus giving ample time for the French to simply rodger them into submission.

Glad I'm not a soldier , wouldn't like to be rogered in the line of duty .

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

There is that, but it must be remembered that all is fair in love and war.  And going by your lurid description the French were engaged in both at the same time.

Ooh La La   😲 😍 

• Haha 1