European Travel To Require Fingerprints

28 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

Why are you constantly banging on about how well THIS country did in the war?? I have never once mentioned Great Britain. I was quite clearly talking about the French. I would draw you a picture but sadly I have no crayons left after sending them to you. I have enjoyed reading your big words and accusations, however as you verbally attacked me first, I have no other option than to consider you as just another one of lifes *****. 

Keep it coming dooper, as I will have the last word xx

Explaining this to Willy-Son is probably a huge waste of finger skin x

I take it you are a ' special needs '  person, or alternatively as thick as mince. As they're not mutually exclusive perhaps both?  We'd best leave it there before you start frothing at the mouth again.

Incidentally, there's a superfluous ycl in your user name, without them the description is totally accurate 😉

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

We certainly lost the battle with Germany when it came to compensation for the second world war when our government kindly let Germany off with the billions of pounds they owed us so that "they could re-unite Germany",  after the fall of the Berlin wall, unlike our friends the Americans who made us pay every penny.

True enough!

Germany has risen, yet again, to dominate Europe, is involved in yet another war against Russia. 

Through the EU, they basically dominated their WW11 enemy  Britain, before the electorate said No Thanks, and Brexited!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I take it you are a ' special needs '  person, or alternatively as thick as mince. As they're not mutually exclusive perhaps both?  We'd best leave it there before you start frothing at the mouth again.

Incidentally, there's a superfluous ycl in your user name, without them the description is totally accurate 😉

No, I'm not special needs however my granddaughter sadly is. Saying that, you could go back to the start of our tiff and see that it was indeed you that started this, by way of calling me ignorant over a post that was essentially true. X

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trastrick said:

In the bigger picture The Dunkirk Evacuation involved a lot of heroism, from the the defenders on the 10 mile beach, the tommies still fighting delaying tactics on the mainland, the RAF who were giving cover, and the civilians who entered the hell hole with their rag tag navy who ferried them out to the RN ships who could not get in close.

"thus bringing the total of Allied troops evacuated to about 558,000" . "The men who were saved represented a considerable part of the experienced troops possessed by Great Britain and were an inestimable gain to the Allies" - Britannica.

Losing a battle is not losing the war!

Add to that the suicide kids who braved the North atlantic sea routes controlled by German U boats  and the Bismark Fleets to ferry fuel and supplies, the Battle of Britain suicidal pilots, and you have a nation to be proud of, not like the louts protesting and looting  in the streets today.

Matter of fact the only truly embarrassing moment of the War as when so called General De Gaulle, who had run away and spent his "war"in Britain, insisted on being the Western Allies Leader entering Paris to the grand welcome, after it was all over!

Not Eisenhower, Churchill or Truman , they weren't as narcissistic.😀

"De Gaulle entered the city in the late afternoon of August 25, declaring Paris liberated by the French while barely mentioning the Allied forces, which had lost 50,000 troops since June 6."

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/liberation-paris

I'm aware of what happened at Dunkirk, as I said earlier my father was there. No one is doubting the bravery of those involved I'm simply pointing out that this constant sniping at the French is pathetic. In the rear-guard action enabling the troops to return home over 1,000 British troops died and approximately 16,000 French troops died.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=592487198&sxsrf=AM9HkKnCu2uDBZSXEEMDdI-ukBahafSOZQ:1703071061008&q=How+many+French+soldiers+died+defending+Dunkirk%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmifmM8p2DAxVSXEEAHZApCDwQzmd6BAgcEAY&biw=1366&bih=641&dpr=1

3 minutes ago, Cyclunt said:

No, I'm not special needs however my granddaughter sadly is. Saying that, you could go back to the start of our tiff and see that it was indeed you that started this, by way of calling me ignorant over a post that was essentially true. X

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter, but if you go back to see when the personal insults referring to medication and the need for crayons started you'll see that it was you who chose to go down that particular route wasn't it? Ignorant simply means without knowledge of a specific subject, inferring that someone is mentally incapable is an insult. It deserved the reply in kind.

As for your original comment being true, it wasn't,  had there been a land border between Britain and the continent we would have been no different.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=592487198&sxsrf=AM9HkKnCu2uDBZSXEEMDdI-ukBahafSOZQ:1703071061008&q=How+many+French+soldiers+died+defending+Dunkirk%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjmifmM8p2DAxVSXEEAHZApCDwQzmd6BAgcEAY&biw=1366&bih=641&dpr=1

54 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter, but if you go back to see when the personal insults referring to medication and the need for crayons started you'll see that it was you who chose to go down that particular route wasn't it? Ignorant simply means without knowledge of a specific subject, inferring that someone is mentally incapable is an insult. It deserved the reply in kind.

As for your original comment being true, it wasn't,  had there been a land border between Britain and the continent we would have been no different.

A bit like the forum really, except we do have a water border that enables us to sling insults. None of us are really this cruel but its amazing what anonymity brings! Please accept my apologies for the crayon comment, and have a lovely Christmas.

2 hours ago, Cyclunt said:

A bit like the forum really, except we do have a water border that enables us to sling insults. None of us are really this cruel but its amazing what anonymity brings! Please accept my apologies for the crayon comment, and have a lovely Christmas.

Not a problem, I have a thick skin ( and I'm not anonymous ) you have a lovely Christmas as well, and let's hope next year turns out happier than this one did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

Not a problem, I have a thick skin ( and I'm not anonymous ) you have a lovely Christmas as well, and let's hope next year turns out happier than this one did.

You have my respect for that.

We'll never agree on our politics, but I do take your posted opinions seriously!

Your father was a hero. A lot of soldiers are modest and self effacing!

He was there!

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 2