Superstores On Their Way Out?

Salmon £3 a tin-  nobody's buying it, to dear.....

Increase the price to £4 a tin for a couple of months, nobody buying it, to dear.

Special offer, Salmon reduced to £3 a tin.

Salmon flies of the shelf, we love a bargain!

Crafty sods.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I can only speak for the one on Meadowhead and it's definitely gone down hill, especially the restaurant.

We’ll it would do Al.
 Meadowhead is quite high up isn’t it?😀

echo.

1 hour ago, Tipstaff said:

But, whilst you're looking for the things you want, you might see other things you like along the way.  It's all done psychologically to get you to buy more than you went in for.  Ask anyone who's worked in retail.  I always look aloft at the direction signs and nowt in between!  👍😉

That’s why the essential items which people always buy are spread out around the store.

You have to pass loads of other products which often results in impulse purchases.

echo.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Padders said:

Salmon £3 a tin-  nobody's buying it, to dear.....

Increase the price to £4 a tin for a couple of months, nobody buying it, to dear.

Special offer, Salmon reduced to £3 a tin.

Salmon flies of the shelf, we love a bargain!

Crafty sods.

I do the main shopping with Ocado. They were superb during lockdown - reliable, with fewest substitutions - so stuck with them.  But blimey they can be cunningly expensive if you don't book the deliveries three weeks in advance to make full use of the cycle of discounts that bring the basics down to a reasonable price.  Seldom have to pay full price for my preferred milk, yogurts and whatnot; though oddly enough the cycle of milk and yogurt discount is off kilter this month for the first time in ages :suspect: .

I'm sure  I've mentioned it before.

At one time I wouldn't have gone anywhere other than Morrisons.

Now I avoid it like the plague.

Moving away from reasonably priced food stuffs to concentrate on their own over priced products was enough for me.

All the 'Price Match' stuff is hog wash,  coz your gonna get fleeced on something else that's cheaper elsewhere but while your here you might as well 'put it in your trolley. 

And don't get me started on the CO-OP :loopy:

Potted dog £1.35 - £1.50 anywhere else CO-OP £1.85 :loopy:

Looks like they should re-visit their original goals.

'A group of 28 working-class men decided to change this. They raised the funds to set up a co-operative shop that provided good quality products to the community – at a fair price'.

Keep safe out there 

Eat well and often 🎅

14 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

But, whilst you're looking for the things you want, you might see other things you like along the way.  It's all done psychologically to get you to buy more than you went in for.  Ask anyone who's worked in retail.  I always look aloft at the direction signs and nowt in between!  👍😉

Personally I just stomp around angry, and if they've made a right pigs ear of everything I'll just leave.

If they're going to **** around playing games, they should probably be aware there's a limit you can push things before people just stop walking in your shop and go somewhere else.

Judging by their poor financial performance, they're not actually as clever as they'd like to think they are. 

• Like 1