Sainsburys Crystal Peaks .

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

They do and you know it.  They do employ people to collect the trolleys from their property from the designated trolley bays.

What they shouldn't be compelled to do is have their staff wandering about all over the shopping mall which is nothing to do with Sainsbury's to collect trolleys from off their premises because some lazies are using them to wheel them to the bus station before dumping them here there and everywhere.

People don’t just use the bus station, they use other car parks.

Asda at Handsworth employ an elderly gentleman to collect the trolleys from the car park, why can't Sainsbury's do the same? There are other ways from the bus station without using steps/ escalators. The bus station is on the same site as the Crystal Peaks complex, it's not as though the trolleys are leaving the premises. Sainsbury's are bottom of the barrel when it comes to customer services anyway. For a similar price, you can shop at Waitrose and get exemplary service and much better quality products.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

There are Sainsburys trolleys in all the trolley bays .

I'm sure there are.

There are probably plenty of Sainsbury's trolleys stuck on the retail park alongside the b&m ones, Wickes ones, Smiths ones, Homebase ones...  They are probably mixed in with the M&S ones.... Some might even have ventured as far as Asda....

Doesn't make it right.

• Like 1

Some of the elderly do act arrogantly though. I was getting off a bus the other day from upstairs. An elderly woman was stood at the bottom of the stairs, meaning I was stuck balancing on the staircase. I said to here are you getting off here, she said "Yes and I'm not moving until the bus stops", I thought, why stand up then, if she'd have remained in her seat, she wouldn't be blocking the staircase, but she didn't have any regard for anyone else. Back on topic, of course customers should be able to use the trollies on site e.g. to the bus station but elderly or not, taking them up to the retail park is out of order and technically theft.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Back on topic, of course customers should be able to use the trollies on site e.g. to the bus station but elderly or not, taking them up to the retail park is out of order and technically theft.

Why "should" they?

The wider shopping centre is nothing to do with Sainsburys. Why exactly should sainsbury's asset be used by some old dear to go wandering around the rest of the entire mall for hours on end as a personal walking frame/ battering ram/shopping basket/carry all....  To then get dumped at some random location as soon as their bus arrives.

Do you think the customer would get away with that if they walked out carrying one of their wire or plastic baskets.  If the same store was located on a different type of precinct such as The Moor or Fargate - do you think they will be able to go wandering up the rest of the precinct wheeling their trolley.

Talk about entitlement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ECCOnoob said:

Fargate - do you think they will be able to go wandering up the rest of the precinct wheeling their trolley.

Fargate's a public street, not a private shopping centre, so no they wouldn't be able to and shouldn't. And no taking wire baskets outside is not the done thing but people take trollies to the car park so why not the bus pick up point? Not everyone drives. The fact that there is a trolley parking bay at the bus station suggests there is an acceptance that trolleys will be taken to different parts of the complex.

Sainsbury's have no respect for their customers. They take the manned tills away to save them selves money and turn their stores in to a one way assault course incase anyone neglects to do their job for them - scanning the items!The self service till the other night had a piece of paper saying card only on it because they couldn't be bothered to put change in to the slot box. Very poor range even at the larger stores compared to Tesco too. And people can call me entitled, that doesn't insult me. Entitlement is how we succeed in this life.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

I'm sure there are.

There are probably plenty of Sainsbury's trolleys stuck on the retail park alongside the b&m ones, Wickes ones, Smiths ones, Homebase ones...  They are probably mixed in with the M&S ones.... Some might even have ventured as far as Asda....

Doesn't make it right.

No in all the trolley bays in Crystal Peaks , there are spaces for Sainsburys trolleys , ie a Sainsburys trolley chained up, for the

other trolleys to connect to . 

53 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why "should" they?

The wider shopping centre is nothing to do with Sainsburys. Why exactly should sainsbury's asset be used by some old dear to go wandering around the rest of the entire mall for hours on end as a personal walking frame/ battering ram/shopping basket/carry all....  To then get dumped at some random location as soon as their bus arrives.

Do you think the customer would get away with that if they walked out carrying one of their wire or plastic baskets.  If the same store was located on a different type of precinct such as The Moor or Fargate - do you think they will be able to go wandering up the rest of the precinct wheeling their trolley.

Talk about entitlement.

There are places for Sainsburys trolleys in the bus station. Why ?