Sainsburys Crystal Peaks .

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So Sainsburys is too tight to pay someone to collect trollies and instead spends money on something that will disproportionately effect the elderly and disabled yet some people are ok with that? 🙄

A one-time expenditure vs a continuous one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

So Sainsburys is too tight to pay someone to collect trollies and instead spends money on something that will disproportionately effect the elderly and disabled yet some people are ok with that? 🙄

It doesn't.   There are supermarkets up and down the land that have no such luxuries.

Elderly people still get the bus there. They still cope despite the fact that they're not able to wheel their trolley full of shopping out of the store, onto the road, down the payment to whatever bus stop is nearby.  

• Like 1

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Well, I'm 'getting on' in life,  and don't see an issue. Most stores do pay someone to collect the trolleys, but they, quite rightly, IMO,  don't expect lazy so-and-so's to just dump 'em where it suits them.

They also have disabled/pick-up/drop off points near the store entrances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't buy that - they usually don't purchase vast amounts, and they still have to carry it when they get off at the other end.

As I said - stops thoughtless dumping, and, as an aside, appears to be being rolled out at all stores - certainly also at Abbeydale - both Tesco and Sainsburys have had the system in place there for a while.

I think there's also an element of asset protection too.  I know that my local Asda  reintroduced coin deposit for trolleys since  issues with them being nicked, lost, vandalised etc.

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

I think there's also an element of asset protection too.  I know that my local Asda  reintroduced coin deposit for trolleys since  issues with them being nicked, lost, vandalised etc.

That too, I agree - I just didn't mention it as I expected someone to come along and say 'well, they can afford it'.

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

How many supermarkets do you know that let shoppers take their trolleys off down the street to their respective bus stops? 
It makes no difference that it’s in a shopping centre in my opinion. 

Exactly this. How exactly are they managing when they get off the bus at the other end with a load of bags? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fred G said:

Has Sainsburys stopped charging a pound for the trolleys now?  You had to take your trolley to a trolley parking bay to get your pound back. 

I've not noticed them charge for a very long time - I know they trialled the idea years ago.

Well I'm glad I'm not a pensioner or disabled then with some of the attitudes here.

Multi million £ company can't employ trolly boys/girls/men/women to walk a few hundred meters to collect trollys that were used by people to make their shopping trip a little easier.

Still, profits before people is the name of the game.