What's Occurring The Bbc Sports Personality Year On A Tuesday Night

Axe

18 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

If its because she is a woman then why was there no bitter old farts moaning about the previous two years winners?

I think it's more to do with the fact that others were more worthy of the trophy, you know, who had actually won something.

There’s no way in earth she should have won it - but the way people have gone off at her and the women’s game as a result - is not good at all and shows a deeper issue than who is deserving of the sports personality award.

18 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

If its because she is a woman then why was there no bitter old farts moaning about the previous two years winners?

I think it's more to do with the fact that others were more worthy of the trophy, you know, who had actually won something.

Out of those contenders that were IMPOSED on the voting public, Earps was definitely the best of this year's bunch & as I said before, at least she has a personality & she was definitely the most high profile of the lot but let's face it, if it was an open public vote, she & the other 5 wouldn't have got a look in.   Someone like Erling Haaland would have won it. 

I suppose that's the reasoning for the selection process & only offering selected sport people up for the vote but surely if you're going to have representatives from horse racing & cricket, at least offer up 2 people who are still playing & not retired. 

SPOTY  has become a bbc hobby horse for pushing minorities and making minority sports bigger than they really are , so 2 years running ladies sunday league players won Ha Ha .

as someone said earlier Frankie detori or the rugby guy that ran  7 marathons in 7 days for the Rob Burrow charity are far more deserving. i also doubt the voting is really the people.

47 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Out of those contenders that were IMPOSED on the voting public, Earps was definitely the best of this year's bunch & as I said before, at least she has a personality & she was definitely the most high profile of the lot but let's face it, if it was an open public vote, she & the other 5 wouldn't have got a look in.   Someone like Erling Haaland would have won it. 

I suppose that's the reasoning for the selection process & only offering selected sport people up for the vote but surely if you're going to have representatives from horse racing & cricket, at least offer up 2 people who are still playing & not retired. 

Haaland is not British  but would have been a good contender for overseas sports personality of the year.  Harry Kane would have been a worthy winner because he has set new records since playing at Bayern Munich as well as  taking the record for the most goals scored for the real England football team.

Apparently a woman is going to referee a match in the  top league of English football for the first time today,

1 hour ago, Mkapaka said:

There’s no way in earth she should have won it - but the way people have gone off at her and the women’s game as a result - is not good at all and shows a deeper issue than who is deserving of the sports personality award.

Exactly, hence the moaning.  

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Chauvinist.:rant:

Don't worry about Axe.  nearest thing he gets to sport is dodging the insults for the chief clown BoJo.

Axe probably thinks BoJo should have been the winner anyway. 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Don't worry about Axe.  nearest thing he gets to sport is dodging the insults for the chief clown BoJo.

Axe probably thinks BoJo should have been the winner anyway. 

I am only interested in watching sport played at the highest lever by sports people who are better than me.