Asylum .

People are now being given Tents to sleep on the Streets of our Country '

Residents in houses on those Streets are threatening those unfortunate members of our human race .

Meanwhile there are houses belonging too  Royalty , The Dukes and  landed gentry along with diplomats , Russian gangsters , Saudi Royalty and a cast of thousands scattered across the land . These palaces and mansions have thousands of rooms laying empty between  them , The residents of these places can often be seen on TV giving advice on on how we ordinary folk should help . 

We should donate a quid or two , give a few bits and pieces to charity shops who try to help by raising funds .

The good and the great , The film and music stars are always to be seen at the for front of any appeals .

Then they return to these vast empty houses , and feel that they are indeed the experts .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

People are now being given Tents to sleep on the Streets of our Country '

Residents in houses on those Streets are threatening those unfortunate members of our human race .

Meanwhile there are houses belonging too  Royalty , The Dukes and  landed gentry along with diplomats , Russian gangsters , Saudi Royalty and a cast of thousands scattered across the land . These palaces and mansions have thousands of rooms laying empty between  them , The residents of these places can often be seen on TV giving advice on on how we ordinary folk should help . 

We should donate a quid or two , give a few bits and pieces to charity shops who try to help by raising funds .

The good and the great , The film and music stars are always to be seen at the for front of any appeals .

Then they return to these vast empty houses , and feel that they are indeed the experts .

Well said cuttssie.   I agree with every word.

5 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Staff in charity shops cherry pick the best stuff for themselves.

Some charity shops are run by a franchise , The owner takes a profit ,  This is not why people donate goods .

One on the Moor is a prime example

Just now, cuttsie said:

Some charity shops are run by a franchise , The owner takes a profit ,  This is not why people donate goods .

One on the Moor is a prime example

Seen it my self in  Barnsley ,The rare LP records are sorted out and certain people get first choice  its wrong . people give in good faith .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Just down the road from me there's a nursing home that for some reason has been closed down, now it's boarded up and sitting empty... why can't places like this be used for shelter for homeless too?

Common sense .:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Lilly Allen doesn't like this.

What is she doing to help ?

I'm not sure how much homelessness, of UK citizens, is actually related to asylum other than for political point-scoring and further dividing society.
Surely the two are separate problems, and can be addressed independently.

Where there is a will to help, much can be achieved, such as The Old Bus Station project in Milton Keynes
There's plenty of articles about it; this is a Guardian one I had bookmarked

Another Guardian article about a Swedish approach.

And another from closer to home, This time in reading