You Can Now Do A Gcse In Sign Language

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is, there is no doubt about it.

Need I remind you what they did, for the first time in history, for Covid (a virus 99% pf people were surviving and with an average age of death in the early 80s) ?

And banning smoking (BTW I do not smoke).

And requiring traffic lights for road works taking up no more room than a legally parked car.

And parents should be banned from videoing their own children racing  in galas (you, BTW, do not have a child who swims, in fact do you have kids at all ? ).

Etc etc etc

You are in favour of all this kind of cobblers because you are a risk averse virtue signalling authoritarian.

"Minor trivial changes to society" ?

See above.

Personally I think it's deeply worrying that supposedly gown up adults are in favour of other grown up adults being restricted and regulated overjust about everything.

Covid whine... Check.

Overbearing government whine.... Check.

Unable to film kids in swim gear whine... Check. 

Mentions his kid's swim galas..... Check.

Wild overreaction and conspiracies.... Check.

Ranty ranty ranty......    So predictable.  

Once again your moronic obsession spilled into another pointless thread.  None of that crap has anything to do with kids being offered a choice to do BSL in their GCSE Options. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chekhov said:

>> I have always said it should have been taught to kids when they first started school<<

Do you mean all kids or kids who know someone who is deaf ?

I can see why if someone knows a deaf person who uses sign language it would be useful for them to learn it, but why should it be taught to kids most of whom will never use it ?

And, if my experience is anything to go by, if you do not use a language you forget it pretty quickly anyway.

He embarrasses me far more than the other way round I can assure you.

How come you always know these people who "prove" your arguments ?

Wasn't it you who knew a bloke who's young kids got Covid really badly (a very rare occurrence) ?

And were you the one who knew someone with heat pump central heating who said it kept his house warm as toast (another rare occurrence) ?

BSL GCSE's to Convid in 3 pages 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pathetic really isn't it. Note not a single person agrees with him. 

I like Chekhov but yeah, it's definitely a stretch. The daft thing is, when he speaks sense (and he often does) no one will listen because of his obsession with convid, filming kids at the swimming baths etc.

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A lot of schools already teach a bit of Makaton ,which is a basic sign language taught to kids and an aid for some people with disablities (language based )

Sounds like bleedin' woke nonsense to me. Bleedin', bloomin', flippin'. Should take all the kids on trains so they can stick their heads out the window. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A lot of schools already teach a bit of Makaton ,which is a basic sign language taught to kids and an aid for some people with disablities (language based )

I have had a training course in makaton, as a driver its very rarely useful; very few workers in transport use it. Same with BSL, never needed it and never seen anyone use it.

But then I have never used my German CSE, that I was taught in the 70s, but I do intend to visit Germany in the years to come.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A lot of schools already teach a bit of Makaton ,which is a basic sign language taught to kids and an aid for some people with disablities (language based ),

We have used the Makaton signing and the pictogram card system with relatives with all ages from 12 month to 93, started with autism, then dementia with some success. It is really great fun with babies.