You Can Now Do A Gcse In Sign Language

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

How long does the qualification last for ?

Is it time limited (because if the language is never being used how can the skill continue at the same level) ?

As far as I know there are no time limits on the qualification.

If the person gets the qualification then doesn't practice for many years then clearly it is useless. However if they get the qualification then secure a job where they can use BSL, then no probs

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

That may apply for some subjects, but surely learning sign language is essentially practical ?

TBH I have used much more of what I was taught at school than I would ever have imagined.  For instance people say when would you ever need to use algebra in real life ? Well I used substitution algebra to work out the date when the water consumption for my shop (and the flats above it) tripled. And I was paying for it....

I couldn't have done the above on a calculator.... Though in fact, once I'd worked out the formula  and put the figures into it I did use a calculator to speed it up.

Your conflating arguments again -  no one is saying you don’t use stuff you learn. 

I think you’re a bit confused 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

That may apply for some subjects, but surely learning sign language is essentially practical ?

TBH I have used much more of what I was taught at school than I would ever have imagined.  For instance people say when would you ever need to use algebra in real life ? Well I used substitution algebra to work out the date when the water consumption for my shop (and the flats above it) tripled. And I was paying for it....

I couldn't have done the above on a calculator.... Though in fact, once I'd worked out the formula  and put the figures into it I did use a calculator to speed it up.

Couldn't you just look at your old water bills ?