You Can Now Do A Gcse In Sign Language

10 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Mike Buckley's infamous comment was an even better example (b0ll0x to the 3,000,000 pupils affected).

What does repeating a "infamous comment"  that nobody else seems to have heard of,  SEVENTY times in FOURTEEN threads in THREE years have to do with children choosing to study a language?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Covid whine... Check.

Overbearing government whine.... Check.

Unable to film kids in swim gear whine... Check. 

Mentions his kid's swim galas..... Check.

Wild overreaction and conspiracies.... Check.

Ranty ranty ranty......    So predictable.  

Once again your moronic obsession spilled into another pointless thread.  None of that crap has anything to do with kids being offered a choice to do BSL in their GCSE Options. 

Hypocrite, it as you who bought that up :

19 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

He won't. It's just another lame excuse for a ranty ranty thread about society being soft, pandering to the minority, wokeness....

Now get back to your campaign to regulate everyone's life.

Edited by Chekhov

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

BSL GCSE's to Convid in 3 pages 🤣🤣🤣

I was simply pointing out that Palomar seems to know loads of (statistically very rare) people that prove his points.... 

It wasn't just Covid anyway, it was heat pumps as well, and loads else probably (which I have forgotten) :

How come you always know these people who "prove" your arguments ?

Wasn't it you who knew a bloke who's young kids got Covid really badly (a very rare occurrence) ?

And were you the one who knew someone with heat pump central heating who said it kept his house warm as toast (another rare occurrence) ?

13 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I like Chekhov but yeah, it's definitely a stretch.

Why ? 
 I am simply stating facts :

1 - Most people will never need to use sign language.

2 - Even those who do take this GCSE will, unless they use it regularly, soon forget how to do it.

3 - Those that do need to use sign language regularly will have learnt to do it anyway. The best way to become fluent in any language (and remember it) is to use it (a lot).

Which of those points do you disagree with TD ?

34 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Why ? 

2 - Even those who do take this GCSE will, unless they use it regularly, soon forget how to do it.

3 - Those that do need to use sign language regularly will have learnt to do it anyway. The best way to become fluent in any language (and remember it) is to use it (a lot).

Which of them are relevant to offering/not offering Sign Language GCSE?

Edited by Prettytom

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Why ? 

1 . I’ve never needed to use the air bags in a car .

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

1 . I’ve never needed to use the air bags in a car .

I very much hope I don't have to use CPR or any of the other first aid skills I learnt on the St Johns Ambulance course I went on.

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Why ? 

Most people never need chemistry, or Latin, or woodwork -  nor can many remember what they were taught in their GCSEs- it’s called an education and an opportunity to learn.

Your viewpoint is skewed on almost every subject due to what is clearly an ingrained belief that there is an agenda to force certain views and beliefs upon you and others.

You need to find a bit of objectivity - it would do you - and this forum - the world of good