Dem Blades V The Hatters

Baron99

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

That's all Owls have though isn't it, history.  There's a thread on here about a match that took place 44 years ago which your lot go on and on about.

There are grandparents around today who hadn't been born when that happened. If you bring history into it at every opportunity it draws the response that not only haven't Wednesday played in the Premier League this century they've also been relegated to the third tier three times and are currently in danger of making it four times.

Manchester City have beaten Manchester United 6-1 twice at Old Trafford, the last occasion being in 2011. They beat them 5-1 in 1989 at Maine Rd when Alex Ferguson was in charge.

Do you imagine they go on and on about it? No, because they both have bigger fish to fry. It's an indictment of Sheffield football that both teams have been so generally unsuccessful that squabbling over such stuff goes on.

I actually think that Wednesday have a better chance of survival this season than we have. We're eight points short of safety, Wednesday are ten points short, but we're in the division regarded as the best in the world and you're in the second tier with more matches to give you a better chance to survive.

Either way, the crap that goes on here is tantamount to two bald men fighting over possession of a comb. Let's have a go at concentrating on the football shall we?

You don't even have that, the Premier League also isn't the Holy Grail to most fans that you think it is, I have very little interest in a league where you need billions to compete and the odds are stacked in favour of the teams that attract the big TV audiences, it's the worse thing to happen to English football in it's history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

You don't even have that, the Premier League also isn't the Holy Grail to most fans that you think it is, I have very little interest in a league where you need billions to compete and the odds are stacked in favour of the teams that attract the big TV audiences, it's the worse thing to happen to English football in it's history.

I wish they'd all bugger of to a European Super League...

• Like 1