Bangers And Cash

crookesey

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

I watch this program with great interest, this being because I’ve owned many of the cars featured. Actually if I had miraculously managed to have kept them I would be sitting  on circa £1million, such is life. 🤨

Tell me about it!!

Makes my head spin realising how much my RS Turbo or Renault 5 Turbo would be worth now.

• Like 1

I also enjoy the program and love the old cars and motorcycles which had so much character compared with today's bland offerings.

Still a lot of cars I've driven which have not yet been featured ( although I haven't watched every program )  so I watch in anticipation.

I haven’t seen this programme but it certainly looks like one for the oldies amongst us.

Takes me back to my first car which was a 1950s Austin A40 Somerset.

I wonder what other folks’ first cars were.

Prices tend to start rising with most things as they get scarcer.

Supply and demand economics coming into play.

echo.

Edited by echo beach

16 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

My first was  a 1949 ish Triumph Roadster  from Intake motor auctions , paid  around a fiver for it .

What would that be worth now , 

Hi cuttsie,

I came within a hair’s breath of buying an MG TC from there in about 1963.

Lovely iconic motor but just got outbid. 
Like you say we’d be quids in now but the trouble is we couldn’t predict the

future and moved on to more modern motors that had greater street cred 

in those days.

echo.

My first car was a Ford Anglia around 1953, which I bought in 1960. Good  reliable little car.

Next one was Ford V8 Pilot which was both awesome and rubbish (mainly down to the ever flat 6 volt battery which my wife kept having to push.

Very favourite of all the lot until my last 2 was a Renault 16 which rode like a Limo,  was ultra reliable for very many years and had a boot to match a van.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

My first car was a Ford Anglia around 1953, which I bought in 1960. Good  reliable little car.

Next one was Ford V8 Pilot which was both awesome and rubbish (mainly down to the ever flat 6 volt battery which my wife kept having to push.

Very favourite of all the lot until my last 2 was a Renault 16 which rode like a Limo,  was ultra reliable for very many years and had a boot to match a van.

We’ll OG a 6 volt battery shouldn’t have been that hard to push!😀

echo.