Christmas Traditions. Do You Have Any?

Growing up we always went to a pantomime on Christmas eve, every year until I was 16. Probably lasted that long because you begin to understand the innuendo etc aimed at the adults as you become a teen and so I still just found them hilarious. 

These days I think my only traditions are around the food that I only eat at Christmas time 

Our main Christmas tradition is that we’ve always stayed at home.

When the boys were small we always left a glass of sherry and a mince pie for Saint Nic plus a carrot for Rudolf.

On the night before Christmas they all had large stockings which were hung by the chimney with care so that Santa could put in the usual things like an orange, an apple, some nuts, candy, chocolate, a new penny and a firecracker.

Now they’re all grown up with ages from 46 to 36 and families of their own the only things that remain are the 3 empty stockings which we still hang with care by the fireplace.

However, Santa still likes his bit of a tipple and the mince pie before moving on!😀

echo.

• Like 2

The annual reread of The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper starting December 21st.

'The Walker is abroad,' he said again. 'And this night will be bad, and tomorrow will be beyond imagining.'

25 minutes ago, Hecate said:

The annual reread of The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper starting December 21st.

'The Walker is abroad,' he said again. 'And this night will be bad, and tomorrow will be beyond imagining.'

Can't beat a bit of comedy at Christmas!!

😁

On 23/12/2023 at 21:57, Rockers rule said:

I go in't garage coz many moons ago HTSBO  remarked 'You'd even go in't garage Christmas day.

Not being one to disappoint the lass there has only been a couple of years I haven't 'had an hour' working on something 🧐.

Keep safe out there 8).

Tradition goes on.

In't yard yesterday starting the old PT Cruiser up.

Leave it for months (booster pack) fires up first time every time.

Ought to put her back on the road some time.

New years resolution perhaps? 

Keep safe out there 8)