Worst xmas days you ever had?

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Sky News must read Sheffield Forum.

They think that this Christmas is the bleakest one ever,

https://news.sky.com/story/a-decline-in-santas-salary-rising-cost-of-turkeys-and-fewer-presents-under-the-tree-is-this-the-bleakest-christmas-on-record-13034734

There’s a man in that article who will trigger one or two on here.

Yea , that Jonathan is a right Turkey murderer

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Sky News must read Sheffield Forum.

They think that this Christmas is the bleakest one ever,

https://news.sky.com/story/a-decline-in-santas-salary-rising-cost-of-turkeys-and-fewer-presents-under-the-tree-is-this-the-bleakest-christmas-on-record-13034734

There’s a man in that article who will trigger one or two on here.

And after all that doom and gloom from the Sky news desk,

The good news is SKY has reduced  the price of all their subscription packages for 2024 to help those who have struggled with the cost of living this year

KIDDING 🎅

On 24/12/2023 at 07:11, MyFriendStan said:

Bet you needed a stiff drink after that.

Not half ! After that we had to go to the mortuary to check if the bodies had arrived. Would you believe it ! Dead bodies in the mortuary really did have luggage labels tied round their big toes with string with their name on !!! 

Edited by pattricia

23 hours ago, pattricia said:

When I was a nurse I had to work on Christmas Day. It was a geriatric ward and three patients had died. After the bodies had been certified dead by a doctor, me and another nurse had to “ lay out” the bodies ready to be taken to the mortuary.

Not a very pleasant Christmas  Day at all !,,

You were brave pattricia.

Bet you saved that job for the dead of night when the clock was striking thirteen!

echo.

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Ascot blew up (yep the old white cylindrical one with the blue triangle badge) while I was in't kitchen one Christmas eve.

Ears were still ringing Christmas day

That’s reminded me Rockers of the Christmas Eve many years ago late on a night similar to this with the wind howling and a full moon shining the electric to the house suddenly cut off.

After scrambling about in the pitch black I found a torch and started lighting candles.

Went outside to see if the blackout was general throughout the village but all the other houses had lights on.

Turned out that a mouse had chewed through an electric cable in the garage, blown a fuse and met its maker in the process.

The YEB were really good and came to repair the fault so the we had a bright Christmas Day.

echo.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Not half ! After that we had to go to the mortuary to check if the bodies had arrived. Would you believe it ! Dead bodies in the mortuary really did have postage labels tied round their big toes with their name on !!! 

I Remember reading a story about a mortuary worker in india the guy was doing the rounds one night when one of the bodies sat up and asked for a drink of water the worker beat a hasty retreat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, echo beach said:

You were brave pattricia.

Bet you saved that job for the dead of night when the clock was striking thirteen!

echo.

It's not about being brave, as a nurse it is part of your job to do last offices on a patient who has died and is one of the most important parts of your job.

During the first wave of covid when I was really ill in hospital and off work afterwards colleagues said they were doing more last offices in a shift than they would usually do in a month.