Nhs Staff At Ngh.

5 minutes ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

There lies the problem with it. Some good and some so very poor. There's a distinct lack of leadership and accountability. It's grown too big and instead of more money being wasted on it, it really needs decreasing in size.

I agree. I reckon a cut in the amount of managers would help too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

It's failing and needs scrapping. I reckon Labour are shifting position on it, way too many wasters in the organisation, admittedly not all, but theres a lot. Some overworked no doubt and others slacking. 

I certainly don't blame Cyclunt for being extremely upset. anyone would be. Yes the system is failing, but that's because it needs reform, not scrapping. It's been mucked about with, cut to ribbons, and and badly managed for years, but there's no reason why it can't improve with the right changes. Social care needs to be integrated into the system under the NHS banner for a start. It's integral to its overall success. 

Be careful what you wish for. If it's scrapped, what makes you think that whatever takes its place will be any better?

36 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I certainly don't blame Cyclunt for being extremely upset. anyone would be. Yes the system is failing, but that's because it needs reform, not scrapping. It's been mucked about with, cut to ribbons, and and badly managed for years, but there's no reason why it can't improve with the right changes. Social care needs to be integrated into the system under the NHS banner for a start. It's integral to its overall success. 

Be careful what you wish for. If it's scrapped, what makes you think that whatever takes its place will be any better?

Neoliberalism to blame ?

34 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Ah, the old "Be carful what you wish for." Fact of the matter is it's sinking and it can't be righted. Of course the extreme left wing will never accept this. They just see it as easy pickings for a lazy pink haired work force. The more money thrown at this organisation, the worse it gets. Can't you see that, it gets worse and worse, an absolute shambles. Get it scrapped.

Labour knows. Streeting is already changing tack. They've been happy enough having a pop at the Tories for the failing NHS, but they've suddenly realised it's coming their way.

My solution? Sack all the senior management and bring in 100's of American managers, do it quickly and you just might save some of it.

"Be careful what you wish for?" Like getting some treatment you mean? That's what I wish for, and if I can't have it then scrap the NHS. Not fit for purpose.

The American system is awful. It has huge problems.

Far too many people don't qualify for health insurance, and many more can't afford it anyway. 

Why would you want a system like that? Or want American style managers in charge? It's worse than here.  

If you want to look abroad for examples of a system that works well, look to the Scandinavian countries that frequently top the league tables for the best care at a reasonable cost.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

The American system is awful. It has huge problems.

Far too many people don't qualify for health insurance, and many more can't afford it anyway. 

Why would you want a system like that? Or want American style managers in charge? It's worse than here.  

If you want to look abroad for examples of a system that works well, look to the Scandinavian countries that frequently top the league tables for the best care at a reasonable cost.

So what happens if you are poor and get ill in America?

I can't believe the poor are just left to die.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

So what happens if you are poor and get ill in America?

I can't believe the poor are just left to die.

Over there you can get treated for free if you get shot,  if it  the same system applied here  you would still get scrounging gits getting shot on purpose just to get summat for nowt. :roll:

Edited by PRESLEY

18 hours ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

Ah, the old "Be carful what you wish for." Fact of the matter is it's sinking and it can't be righted. Of course the extreme left wing will never accept this. They just see it as easy pickings for a lazy pink haired work force. The more money thrown at this organisation, the worse it gets. Can't you see that, it gets worse and worse, an absolute shambles. Get it scrapped.

Labour knows. Streeting is already changing tack. They've been happy enough having a pop at the Tories for the failing NHS, but they've suddenly realised it's coming their way.

My solution? Sack all the senior management and bring in 100's of American managers, do it quickly and you just might save some of it.

"Be careful what you wish for?" Like getting some treatment you mean? That's what I wish for, and if I can't have it then scrap the NHS. Not fit for purpose.

That's a very broad generalisation, Just because we have pink hair doesn't make us lazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1