Nhs Staff At Ngh.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I also have a great deal to be grateful to the NHS for. I have had wonderful treatment which has saved my life.

I have also witnessed the opposite. So seen both sides. 

But the social care aspect is also very important as it's shortcomings impinges on the NHS in a very real and detrimental way. It desperately needs sorting out and has done  for years, but it's become the Cinderella service. Women (and sometimes men) often used to provide free care to older or vulnerable family members but now have to work, so that free care has gone and never been adequately replaced. Yet it is a vital part of the whole system.

How incredibly sexist.

Surprised at you Anna

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 15:24, The_DADDY said:

Unfortunately not. It was covered up and my boy still has issues resulting from the incident which was 7 years. 

Quite similar story from a woman I talk to on another forum,her dad was in hospital after a stroke and other things were wrong with him poor guy was in a right state couldn’t do much for himself. On visits she found him quite dirty soiled and upset at times and she was convinced being neglected she got nowhere with her complaints,her and her husband set up a tiny hidden camera as a last resort and on a subsequent visit it was obvious he was in a great deal of pain. Long story a bit shorter they reviewed the camera footage and witnessed two nurse quite roughly trying to clean him up but they dropped him out of the bed. It turned out he had broken his hip the footage was 4 days old and nothing was done to help him. He died a week later. They got solicitors involved which dragged on a number of years cost a lot of money. Eventually they got nowhere records having been altered and lost staff leaving and not being able to trace and hospital records being changed or disappearing.

She got the bad news from the solicitors around August this year she doesn’t seem the same woman anymore. Sorry you and your boy suffered in a similar way Daddy it seems the average person can’t win with the NHS ranks are closed and barriers put up.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

How incredibly sexist.

Surprised at you Anna

How incredibly silly.   What's sexist about describing people as  women and men when that is exactly what they are.

Better explain how she should have described them instead.

As a you are recognised by many on the forum to be misogynist,  I would have thought that you would steer clear of sexist arguments

More likely to be a dig because  Bundy regards Anna as a lefty.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody, but there's no doubt that back in the day when it was the men who went out to work and women worked primarily in the home (yes I'm that old I remember it,) They were known as 'housewives,' and were seen as the primary carers. They gave their services willingly and  for free. They were also the mainstay of the charity sector with things like the Womens Insitute (WI) and WRVS.

That changed when women began to join the paid work sector, and now it's usually necessary for them to work equally to bring in much needed income. 

No slur on men was intended. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

Really Anna? 

Sorry but I'm so sick of this. Many MANY men care for elderly and vulnerable relatives just as many MANY women do. Why on earth you felt the need to highlight the women's contribution but sideline the men's is beyond me.

Are you blind too ?

Anna did say women and she also did say men too. What would you have had her say instead ?

There are also many children looking after ailing Mums and Dads too and in fact,  it turns out that people of all ages and all sexes do the same.

42 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Are you blind too ?

Anna did say women and she also did say men too. What would you have had her say instead ?

There are also many children looking after ailing Mums and Dads too and in fact,  it turns out that people of all ages and all sexes do the same.

Actually it wasn't me saying it originally, it was a point made by a government minister in a discussion about what had gone wrong with the social care sector. I'll try and find a reference to it if you're interested. 

I agree that many children of both sexes are looking after disabled parents, including some youngsters of very tender years still at school doing it, (there was recently a documentary about that.) I can't help feeling that that is wrong, it's too great a burden to put on a young child. All the help they need should be readily available.

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

How incredibly silly.   What's sexist about describing people as  women and men when that is exactly what they are.

Better explain how she should have described them instead.

As a you are recognised by many on the forum to be misogynist,  I would have thought that you would steer clear of sexist arguments

More likely to be a dig because  Bundy regards Anna as a lefty.

Oh shut up you silly old man.

Unlike yourself Anna contributions to this forum are well liked by members and she puts her points across with genuine feelings without resorting to juvenile insults and pathetic hyperbole. 

Let the adults chat and go and mix some mealworm.

On 26/12/2023 at 23:06, The_DADDY said:

I agree. I reckon a cut in the amount of managers would help too.

What's needed is an external investigation as to the reasons why management lock Trusts into purchasing from specific sources, sources which knowing the Trusts have no choice then add massive markups, some as much as 4000% over normal RETAIL prices. 

It costs the NHS over £13 BILLION a year yet the management clamour that there isn't enough money from the government despite NHS funding going from £105 billion in 2010 to £170  BILLION (figure does not include COVID spending).

In it's current guise, the NHS is a lumbering zombie. Far from the ideals and operation of it's inception. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh shut up you silly old man.

Unlike yourself Anna contributions to this forum are well liked by members and she puts her points across with genuine feelings without resorting to juvenile insults and pathetic hyperbole. 

Let the adults chat and go and mix some mealworm.

As always  -  no mention off the point I made that   SHE DID   say both men & women when you said that she didn't and was incredibly sexist.

Maybe you can't read your own writing.

You certainly cannot address a point that any other poster makes without changing the subject  -  to birds,  this time  -  how versatile.

I can't help it if you make yourself look silly all the time.

19 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As always  -  no mention off the point I made that   SHE DID   say both men & women when you said that she didn't and was incredibly sexist.

Maybe you can't read your own writing.

You certainly cannot address a point that any other poster makes without changing the subject  -  to birds,  this time  -  how versatile.

I can't help it if you make yourself look silly all the time.

Ok