Nhs Staff At Ngh.

3 hours ago, Resident said:

What's needed is an external investigation as to the reasons why management lock Trusts into purchasing from specific sources, sources which knowing the Trusts have no choice then add massive markups, some as much as 4000% over normal RETAIL prices. 

It costs the NHS over £13 BILLION a year yet the management clamour that there isn't enough money from the government despite NHS funding going from £105 billion in 2010 to £170  BILLION (figure does not include COVID spending).

In it's current guise, the NHS is a lumbering zombie. Far from the ideals and operation of it's inception. 

Very good points. The NHS is (I believe) the biggest employer and procurer of goods and services in Britain. They should be in a very advantagious position to negotiate some mega deals. But they don't. Maybe the broohaha over PPI during the pandemic shows how innept / bent the deals can be. Certainly not our finest hour.

And the more services etc are outsourced and privatised, the more room there is for exploitation and corruption which is now rife. It would be nice for the NHS be on the winning  side for once.

22 hours ago, Mister M said:

(and many of those will be clinicians).

And many of those won't be, as in the case of Lucy Letby. Then we have the recent case of the Nurse and carer drugging patients to give themselves an easy shift. Tip of the iceberg without a doubt, managers failing to do their jobs. It's gotten too big by far and they're just continually papering over the cracks. It needs US managers bringing in with power to sack incompetents and/or destroying and starting all over again and yes, I do remember Sir Keith Joseph.

9 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

Quite similar story from a woman I talk to on another forum,her dad was in hospital after a stroke and other things were wrong with him poor guy was in a right state couldn’t do much for himself. On visits she found him quite dirty soiled and upset at times and she was convinced being neglected she got nowhere with her complaints,her and her husband set up a tiny hidden camera as a last resort and on a subsequent visit it was obvious he was in a great deal of pain. Long story a bit shorter they reviewed the camera footage and witnessed two nurse quite roughly trying to clean him up but they dropped him out of the bed. It turned out he had broken his hip the footage was 4 days old and nothing was done to help him. He died a week later. They got solicitors involved which dragged on a number of years cost a lot of money. Eventually they got nowhere records having been altered and lost staff leaving and not being able to trace and hospital records being changed or disappearing.

She got the bad news from the solicitors around August this year she doesn’t seem the same woman anymore. Sorry you and your boy suffered in a similar way Daddy it seems the average person can’t win with the NHS ranks are closed and barriers put up.

That's very sad Wallace but as I later found not uncommon. I was extremely bitter about my lads treatment but even more bitter how they lied and covered it up so I'm not at all surprised by your friends situation. May her Dad rest in peace.

7 hours ago, Resident said:

What's needed is an external investigation as to the reasons why management lock Trusts into purchasing from specific sources, sources which knowing the Trusts have no choice then add massive markups, some as much as 4000% over normal RETAIL prices

It costs the NHS over £13 BILLION a year yet the management clamour that there isn't enough money from the government despite NHS funding going from £105 billion in 2010 to £170  BILLION (figure does not include COVID spending).

In it's current guise, the NHS is a lumbering zombie. Far from the ideals and operation of it's inception. 

My bold

Damn fine point. To me that's pure corruption and should be a national scandal but it isn't. 

10 hours ago, Resident said:

What's needed is an external investigation as to the reasons why management lock Trusts into purchasing from specific sources, sources which knowing the Trusts have no choice then add massive markups, some as much as 4000% over normal RETAIL prices. 

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Resident said:

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/article/explainer/nhs-procurement

In England, most goods are bulk-purchased centrally and distributed to providers by NHS Supply Chain, a wholly-owned company accountable to the secretary of state for health, which was established in 2016.

Previously most goods were bought locally by hospitals and other health providers, but a government review found large inefficiencies as organisations paid variable prices for the same product.

NHS Supply Chain now manages more than 4.5m orders a year – and aims to carry out 80% of all NHS purchases by volume by 2022.  Medicines are procured through a separate system of regional pharmacy purchasing groups. 

9 hours ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

And many of those won't be, as in the case of Lucy Letby. Then we have the recent case of the Nurse and carer drugging patients to give themselves an easy shift. Tip of the iceberg without a doubt, managers failing to do their jobs. It's gotten too big by far and they're just continually papering over the cracks. It needs US managers bringing in with power to sack incompetents and/or destroying and starting all over again and yes, I do remember Sir Keith Joseph.

I agree with most of the above.  However, US Managers would still be working under the same UK Employment Law Regulations on UK soil, so what difference would it make? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tipstaff said:

I agree with most of the above.  However, US Managers would still be working under the same UK Employment Law Regulations on UK soil, so what difference would it make? 

Legislation to part it off from normal employment law based on national interest. The organisation is getting worse by the day, believe me, I know it is. And all we hear from the Commies is it that there's more money required. It now has more money than it needs, it is paying lazy people to pretend to work and the whole lot needs scrapping.

Even Streeting knows this and has started to position himself ready for power, it can't go on. 

They are leaving people that long for treatment that they either get better or die, it's a national disgrace and people harping on and trying to protect it need to give their heads a wobble.

The apologists say it needs protecting, the fact is, the public needs protecting, it truly is a terrible organisation.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

Legislation to part it off from normal employment law based on national interest. The organisation is getting worse by the day, believe me, I know it is. And all we hear from the Commies is it that there's more money required. It now has more money than it needs, it is paying lazy people to pretend to work and the whole lot needs scrapping.

Even Streeting knows this and has started to position himself ready for power, it can't go on. 

They are leaving people that long for treatment that they either get better or die, it's a national disgrace and people harping on and trying to protect it need to give their heads a wobble.

The apologists say it needs protecting, the fact is, the public needs protecting, it truly is a terrible organisation.

Sorry for the rant.

Having seen and experienced it at its worst, I find I must agree with your last post.  The only one's suffering are the hard working staff and it's patients.  The rest of it is a complete resource gobbling monster which has served to feed the corrupt and lazy for decades.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

Having seen and experienced it at its worst, I find I must agree with your last post.  The only one's suffering are the hard working staff and it's patients.  The rest of it is a complete resource gobbling monster which has served to feed the corrupt and lazy for decades.

Without a doubt there are dedicated and hard working staff in the NHS. The problem it has they are far outnumbered by the lazy and incompetent right throughout the organisation. Sad but true. It never used to be like this. It needs people from the outside to come in and rip it to bits, that's why I suggest a US management team. 

Weak management, nobody is held to account, workers have the whip hand, all equals poor service and believe me it is the pits.