Nhs Staff At Ngh.

I think they thought they had it going back in the right direction with the re-introduction of the Matron some years ago and it has failed.  I'm with you KP Nuts 2,  I think it might benefit from the introduction of some type of military hospital style management.   Phasing in change, department by department to begin with and then a complete turn-over until working practices, work ethics and personnel changed.

9 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Having seen and experienced it at its worst, I find I must agree with your last post.  The only one's suffering are the hard working staff and it's patients.  The rest of it is a complete resource gobbling monster which has served to feed the corrupt and lazy for decades.

And unfortunately I have to disagree. 

Myself and my family are currently locked in a medical negligence battle which involves evidence tampering, medical negligence and other factors that lead to the premature death of a vulnerable patient. 

Although it wasn't NGH it was a South Yorkshire hospital

Basically it was my father. He had a blood disorder which required regular blood tests. On the day of his death he was due another blood draw. The hospital let him leave whilst he was agitated and confused (due to the A/D) because my mum had needed the loo. This was done on a very hot day (30°c+). He had no money or drink with him. In his confusion (we assuming) that his only thought was to go home, a distance of around 6.5miles up steep hills and a country  lane. 

He was found about 2 miles from home, non-responsive and no signs of life and despite best efforts of the police officer that found him and the ambulance crew he was pronounced dead at the scene. He died just outside the village, on a grass verge like an animal, confused and alone. 

Due to the unexpected nature of his death a post-mortem was ordered and the coroner performing the procedure called in another coroner to verify his findings as his medical notes did not indicate what they found. 

They found cancer in almost every major organ, something not mentioned in his medical notes. They have testified that given the blood works my dad had regularly, markers in his blood results would have indicated to test for cancer at least 18 months prior to his death. No such tests were ever ordered. 

It is asserted that either an entire Phlebotomy lab within the NHS is highly incompetent and missed all the markers over the course of at least 18 months OR someone made the decision not to order the tests, potentially knowing they would come back as cancerous and made the decision not to treat it. 

My Mum kept meticulous notes on when he appointments were and there are missing entries in his official medical notes for some dates where he had an appointment yet nothing recorded. 

The staff at the hospital: 

• Allowed a vulnerable patient (mental capacity severely diminished by Alzheimer's/Dementia to leave the hospital without his carer. They were supposed to be looking after him whilst his carer was using the loo. 
  • Made a treatment decision that severely impacted the patient leaving them in great pain and ultimately resulted in premature death, failing to inform the patient and next of kin who was his POA. 
  • There are medical notes MISSING from the patients file, these have either been removed or never entered. 

This is a fight that we're in the 6th year of.

I haven't given full details due to the case ongoing but our solicitor has said this will rock the NHS once it becomes public and will be a very large payout 

As a family we're not bothered about the money, we want the person(s) responsible out of the medical profession, never to be allowed to practice ever again. 

If I'm honest if we had been told of the cancer, in light of his A/D, we probably would have told the hospital not to treat the cancer and put him on a palliative care path because his quality of life would have been more important than quantity. 

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Myself and my family are currently locked in a medical negligence battle which involves evidence tampering, medical negligence and other factors that lead to the premature death of a vulnerable patient. 

Basically it was my father. He had a blood disorder which required regular blood tests. On the day of his death he was due another blood draw. The hospital let him leave whilst he was agitated and confused (due to the A/D) because my mum had needed the loo. This was done on a very hot day (30°c+). He had no money or drink with him. In his confusion (we assuming) that his only thought was to go home, a distance of around 6.5miles up steep hills and a country  lane. 

He was found about 2 miles from home, non-responsive and no signs of life and despite best efforts of the police officer that found him and the ambulance crew he was pronounced dead at the scene. He died just outside the village, on a grass verge like an animal, confused and alone. 

Due to the unexpected nature of his death a post-mortem was ordered and the coroner performing the procedure called in another coroner to verify his findings as his medical notes did not indicate what they found. 

They found cancer in almost every major organ, something not mentioned in his medical notes. They have testified that given the blood works my dad had regularly, markers in his blood results would have indicated to test for cancer at least 18 months prior to his death. No such tests were ever ordered. 

It is asserted that either an entire Phlebotomy lab within the NHS is highly incompetent and missed all the markers over the course of at least 18 months OR someone made the decision not to order the tests, potentially knowing they would come back as cancerous and made the decision not to treat it. 

My Mum kept meticulous notes on when he appointments were and there are missing entries in his official medical notes for some dates where he had an appointment yet nothing recorded. 

• Allowed a vulnerable patient (mental capacity severely diminished by Alzheimer's/Dementia to leave the hospital without his carer. They were supposed to be looking after him whilst his carer was using the loo. 
  • Made a treatment decision that severely impacted the patient leaving them in great pain and ultimately resulted in premature death, failing to inform the patient and next of kin who was his POA. 
  • There are medical notes MISSING from the patients file, these have either been removed or never entered. 

I haven't given full details due to the case ongoing but our solicitor has said this will rock the NHS once it becomes public and will be a very large payout 

As a family we're not bothered about the money, we want the person(s) responsible out of the medical profession, never to be allowed to practice ever again. 

If I'm honest if we had been told of the cancer, in light of his A/D, we probably would have told the hospital not to treat the cancer and put him on a palliative care path because his quality of life would have been more important than quantity. 

I must offer my sympathy and my shock after reading such a terrifying account of what happened to your poor father and the result it must have had on your families lives.

I sincerely hope, that this kick starts widespread changes in the way the NHS is run and that it brings about far more accountability.

I lost my brother last year amid what could be called unsatisfactory circumstances and it changed my view of the NHS completely.

I work in the NHS and expect standards of care which my dad definitely did not receive when he was admitted to and passed away in another South yorkshire hospital.  My stepmum took her complaint to the ombudsman and it took best part of 3 years to get an answer.

On 30/12/2023 at 10:22, Resident said:

That is truly shocking poor old guy hugs to you and family and I hope you get the outcome you deserve.

On 30/12/2023 at 11:39, Organgrinder said:

I must offer my sympathy and my shock after reading such a terrifying account of what happened to your poor father and the result it must have had on your families lives.

I sincerely hope, that this kick starts widespread changes in the way the NHS is run and that it brings about far more accountability.

I lost my brother last year amid what could be called unsatisfactory circumstances and it changed my view of the NHS completely.

16 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

That is truly shocking poor old guy hugs to you and family and I hope you get the outcome you deserve.

Thank you. 

Money-wise we aren't that bothered. It won't bring him back and in a harsh reality, surviving the cancer would probably given him a worse quality of life. We just want the person(s) responsible to face the consequences. Mujm just wants them out of the profession for life but I personally want to see jail-time for them. They left my Dad in excruciating pain at a time where he couldn't understand. They need to feel pain for that. 

1 hour ago, foxydebs said:

I work in the NHS and expect standards of care which my dad definitely did not receive when he was admitted to and passed away in another South yorkshire hospital.  My stepmum took her complaint to the ombudsman and it took best part of 3 years to get an answer.

The hospital in question refused to respond beyond our initial complaint which is why we had to go the legal route. They're still being obstructive which is why we're in year 6.

This will come out when we finally get in a court room so I'm absolutely baffled as to why they wouldn't co-operate. By not doing so it's only going to make the outcome and public perception much worse. 

3 hours ago, Resident said:

Thank you. 

Money-wise we aren't that bothered. It won't bring him back and in a harsh reality, surviving the cancer would probably given him a worse quality of life. We just want the person(s) responsible to face the consequences. Mujm just wants them out of the profession for life but I personally want to see jail-time for them. They left my Dad in excruciating pain at a time where he couldn't understand. They need to feel pain for that. 

The hospital in question refused to respond beyond our initial complaint which is why we had to go the legal route. They're still being obstructive which is why we're in year 6.

This will come out when we finally get in a court room so I'm absolutely baffled as to why they wouldn't co-operate. By not doing so it's only going to make the outcome and public perception much worse. 

This is why it took us 3 years to get an answer.