Racism : Isn't This All Going A Bit Too Far ?

53 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That one study was by a London radio station which will be listened to by mostly Londoners who are not representative of the whole nation.

The truth is plain on these pages and strangely enough,  the ones who DONT  want immigrants near them are very right wing inclined in their politics.

you ask the rest of the country and i would bet good money a vast majority left or right wouldn't want immigrants living next door, look what happens to  these areas? the houses become unsellable except to the immigrant community and so turn into ghettos, the prices drop the areas are a disgusting mess?? darnall, page  hall, burngreave, firth park, netherthorpe, most of nether edge.

Edited by ab6262
  • Like 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to live amongst your own race or tribe, it's just human nature which is why the various races who come here tend to congregate in particular areas. I feel more comfortable amongst my fellow native Brits and wouldn't want to live amongst Jamaicans, Pakistanis, Somalis, Arabs or any other races. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of constantly reading and hearing about racism, Islamophobia, white privilege and how wonderful diversity and multi-culturalism are when all they've done is create a divided and fractured society. I wish we'd never had all this immigration in the first place and had remained mono-cultural as we'd be a much happier society at ease with itself if we had. I often wonder what this country would be like now if we'd had completely different immigration policies since 1948 with only a regulated number of our fellow Europeans being allowed in. I think we'd be in a much better place as we wouldn't have all the knife and gun crime, the racial and religious differences, the tensions, the bloated population and incompatible cultures existing in a small space. If that's being racist then so be it, I'm beyong caring anymore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

you ask the rest of the country and i would bet good money a vast majority left or right wouldn't want immigrants living next door, look what happens to  these areas? the houses become unsellable except to the immigrant community and so turn into ghettos, the prices drop the areas are a disgusting mess?? darnall, page  hall, burngreave, firth park, netherthorpe, most of nether edge.

Absolutely correct 👍 

16 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

You are proving my point ,  the only difference being that you believe that people to the left of the political spectrum are as racist as those on the right.

I would just add, that my comment in this respect,   was referring simply to the members of this forum who's politics we know.

The OP  Vrsaljko,   would have us believe that we are among the least racist countries when he makes racist remarks himself on this very forum.

The only arguable point is whether people are racist simply because they would not want to live next door to an immigrant family,  but would tolerate them from a distance.

22 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

The rest of the UK was asked.

Don't confuse the 'hacks' at LBC with authors World Values Survey (WVS) which compared the UK with 23 other countries. 

The survey was "...completed Mar-Sept 2022 by Ipsos, among a random probability sample of 3,056 adults aged 18+. This included respondents in England (1,645) and boost samples in Scotland (523), Wales (437) and Northern Ireland."

So your attempt at inventing figures for the rest of the country is unfounded.

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The rest of the UK was asked.

Don't confuse the 'hacks' at LBC with authors World Values Survey (WVS) which compared the UK with 23 other countries. 

The survey was "...completed Mar-Sept 2022 by Ipsos, among a random probability sample of 3,056 adults aged 18+. This included respondents in England (1,645) and boost samples in Scotland (523), Wales (437) and Northern Ireland."

So your attempt at inventing figures for the rest of the country is unfounded.

B**sh*t!! respondents to surveys and polls usually have agendas anyway and the numbers in this poll are hardly huge or even representative.

set up  a poll on here and even though it leans left i still say if people were truthful with themselves i would be right, its not racist to want to live amongst your own kind!

28 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

B**sh*t!! respondents to surveys and polls usually have agendas anyway and the numbers in this poll are hardly huge or even representative.

set up  a poll on here and even though it leans left i still say if people were truthful with themselves i would be right, its not racist to want to live amongst your own kind!

December 30th. Funniest post of the year.

Good timing.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

2 POINTS.    I very much doubt that this is a left leaning forum.  Probably evenly divided if I were to guess.

Secondly.      We were discussing how racist this country is in general and whether we are better or worse than other countries.

You seem to have changed it to be      "Is it racist to want to live amongst your own kind "      A completely different question.

I did ask in my post # 94,     "The only arguable point is whether people are racist simply because they would not want to live next door to an immigrant family,  but would tolerate them from a distance".

I would say there is a lot of racism in this country,    but I would not necessarily say that it is racist to want to live among your own kind if the choice were there.

Room for discussion about that,          and also about how the nationalities of different groups of immigrants changes the picture.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

You made a mistake in assuming that as because the article appeared in LBC, that this was a survey based on the opinions of Londoners hence your reply "(sic)you ask the rest of the country and i would bet good money a vast majority left or right wouldn't want immigrants living next door".  I accept your authority and expertise on surveys, but you need to explain to Vrsaljko why you are referring to their evidence as "B**sh*t!!"

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

That one study was by a London radio station which will be listened to by mostly Londoners who are not representative of the whole nation.

Maybe try reading the article? LBC didn't do the survey.

"According to results released on Thursday by the World Values Survey (WVS)"

6 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You are a racist yourself who is making racist remarks about a Muslim member on the Sheffield Discussion / Burngreave thread.

I know  have argued against your racist remarks previously.

What are you talking about? What have I said that's racist? Even if I did say something bad against Muslims (which I haven't), you can't be racist against an ideology you simpleton. Which Muslims would I even be racist against? Brown Muslims from Pakistan? Black Muslims from Somalia? White Muslims from Bosnia?

All you seem to do is follow me around the forum and it's getting tiresome. I'm close to just sticking you on ignore.

Edited by Vrsaljko
  • Haha 1