Racism : Isn't This All Going A Bit Too Far ?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

What an incredibly obtuse and stupid post.

53 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Its racist bingo.

Eyes down….

Racism is insulting someone based on their race. We don't even know what race we're talking about here. Saying you wouldn't want to live next door to an immigrant is xenophobic rather than racist.

12 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Already answered in full as you well know.

I have to say I am losing respect for you AB. You know full well you have never answered the question so you claiming you have is just annoying.

Let's try again :

Do you agree with this statement, yes or no ?

All secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

For Gods sake man , get a new phone .

It is  a new phone, but, in any case, you have completely missed the point, which is I am being told how to live my life in minute detail.

Personal freedom and personal responsibility is being side lined in favour of society telling everyone what to do.  I do not even have the freedom to lock my own phone's keypad, it's cobblers.

Secondly, it is not just my phone anyway, the lady at emergency services said Samsung phones were the worst, mine's a Nokia.

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It is  a new phone, but, in any case, you have completely missed the point, which is I am being told how to live my life in minute detail.

Personal freedom and personal responsibility is being side lined in favour of society telling everyone what to do.  I do not even have the freedom to lock my own phone's keypad, it's cobblers.

Secondly, it is not just my phone anyway, the lady at emergency services said Samsung phones were the worst, mine's a Nokia.

It's a standard feature on all smart phones that allows the user to quickly dial 999 in an emergency situation without having to unlock their phone with PINs, codes,. fingerprint or patterns. 

Get over it you absolute man child 

37 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

What I don't understand is how it's okay to castigate a black football player for being 'over sensitive' about being subject to racist abuse from football supporters, and how that's symptomatic "of our modern virtue signalling society", to complaining without any apparent irony, about modern technology not doing what you want it to do, how it leaves you feeling, and a consequence of society telling everyone what to do....

It's almost as if any travail which befalls someone else is of no consequence compared to the misfortunes you encounter, and you are in no way being over sensitive which you accuse others of.

Edited by Mister M

30 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Get over it you absolute man child 

tbf I do think some posters overreact to a lot of Chekhov's posts,  calm questioning is much better.

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

tbf I do think some posters overreact to a lot of Chekhov's posts,  calm questioning is much better.

Can you give us an example, in this instance, of how you would calmly question Chekhov's line of reasoning?

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

They do and I can fall into the same category but honestly it's frustrating because it's like him moaning that houses have doors. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Well, there are quite a few to choose from in your post history.

Let’s just stick to this one for now:

Are you seriously claiming that isn’t a racist post?

not racist at all merely stating facts

17 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Don’t be a wazzock, you’ve been on here under that many usernames I know you better than you think. How did the Barlow Boxing Day hunt go this year?

na you dont know me at all no matter how many usernames i used in the past, Barlow Hunt ??, no didn't go haven't been for a while is it still going?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Can you give us an example, in this instance, of how you would calmly question Chekhov's line of reasoning?

Annie manages it check out her posts.

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

They do and I can fall into the same category but honestly it's frustrating because it's like him moaning that houses have doors. 

You have choices (which is usually his point)

use the ignore facility.