Racism : Isn't This All Going A Bit Too Far ?

On 28/12/2023 at 00:46, Vrsaljko said:

Agreed. That's why we hear "far right" and "white supremacist" more and more now. Once they've been rinsed for all they're worth then other terms will come along.

The demand for racism is there but it just doesn't exist as much as people make out. That's why a comment from one person in a crowd of 31,000 suddenly becomes headline news, to keep the agenda going.

Whilst it would be convenient for a lot of people to be able re-define the term “racism” -they don’t get to that to suit their own views fortunately. 

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

What I don't understand is how it's okay to castigate a black football player for being 'over sensitive' about being subject to racist abuse from football supporters, and how that's symptomatic "of our modern virtue signalling society", to complaining without any apparent irony, about modern technology not doing what you want it to do, how it leaves you feeling, and a consequence of society telling everyone what to do....

It's almost as if any travail which befalls someone else is of no consequence compared to the misfortunes you encounter, and you are in no way being over sensitive which you accuse others of.

“Travail “  Good word  :thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Delayed said:

It's a standard feature on all smart phones that allows the user to quickly dial 999 in an emergency situation without having to unlock their phone with PINs, codes,. fingerprint or patterns. 

Get over it you absolute man child 

>>Get over it you absolute man child<<

The steady erosion of all our rights, from something as minor as not being able to lock your own phone's buttons to being ordered to stay in our own homes and wear masks during Covid, is all linked. 

It is personal responsibility and personal freedoms v restrictions "for the common good", and these days there is only ever one winner in that.

Do you lack imagination to see it, or are you just trolling ?

Mind you things like personal freedom does not even register with you because you are a Leftie virtue signalling authoritarian.

>>It's a standard feature on all smart phones that allows the user to quickly dial 999 in an emergency situation without having to unlock their phone with PINs, codes,. fingerprint or patterns.<<

It's not as simple as that, even the emergency service operators think it is a PITA and wastes loads of their time. But you are missing the point anyway, people should be able to decide how to use their own 'effin phones, just like they should be able to decide if they want to stay at home during Covid or not.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

They do and I can fall into the same category but honestly it's frustrating because it's like him moaning that houses have doors. 

Why would I moan about houses having doors ?

That's just trolling.

What I would moan about is people being forced to fit doors, or, even worse, being told they have to stay behind those doors (for a virus 99% of people were surviving and with an average age of death in the early 80s.....).

Edited by Chekhov

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The steady erosion of all our rights, from something as minor as not being able to lock your own phone's buttons to being ordered to stay in our own homes and wear masks during Covid, is all linked. 

It is personal responsibility and personal freedoms v restrictions "for the common good", and these days there is only ever one winner in that.

Do you lack imagination to see it, or are you just trolling ?

Mind you things like personal freedom does not even register with you because you are a Leftie virtue signalling authoritarian.

>>It's a standard feature on all smart phones that allows the user to quickly dial 999 in an emergency situation without having to unlock their phone with PINs, codes,. fingerprint or patterns.<<

It's not as simple as that, even the emergency service operators think it is a PITA and wastes loads of their time. But you are missing the point anyway, people should be able to decide how to use their own 'effin phones, just like they should be able to decide if they want to stay at home during Covid or not.

Why would I moan about houses having doors ?

That's just trolling.

What I would moan about is people being forced to fit doors, or, even worse, being told they have to stay behind those doors (for a virus 99% of people were surviving and with an average age of death in the early 80s.....).

Bravo . Got it in again . 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mister M said:

What I don't understand is how it's okay to castigate a black football player for being 'over sensitive' about being subject to racist abuse from football supporters, and how that's symptomatic "of our modern virtue signalling society", to complaining without any apparent irony, about modern technology not doing what you want it to do, how it leaves you feeling, and a consequence of society telling everyone what to do....

It's almost as if any travail which befalls someone else is of no consequence compared to the misfortunes you encounter, and you are in no way being over sensitive which you accuse others of.

I am not castigating a black footballer, I am castigating the fact one spectator out of 31,000 allegedly made a racist comment and it was a news item (twice...) in The Times.

In fact it's also on the BBC news website :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67825183

And in The Daily Mirror :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luton-sheffield-united-racist-incident-31752125

It's even in soddin' Australia.... :

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-27/premier-league-racism-allegation-luton-town-carlton-morris/103266856

TBH I am surprised anyone on here does NOT think this is the biggest over reaction since Covid

What I am sensitive to is being stopped from doing stuff, stuff which was deemed perfectly safe only 20 or 30 years ago.

Can you not see how far all of this is going ?

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Bravo. Got it in again . 

TBH I do not know why @Delayed was giving a rundown on why all phones "must" be able to dial the emergency services even in lock mode, because I am sure people can work that out for themselves and the pros and cons of that is on the actual thread about it. If he wants to argue that point he should do it on the other thread. 

Edited by Chekhov

TBH I do not know why @Delayed was giving a rundown on why all phones "must" be able to dial the emergency services even in lock mode,

I'm not explaining why they must. I'm explaining why they do.

because I am sure people can work that out for themselves

You seem to be struggling with it 

and the pros and cons of that is on the actual thread about it. If he wants to argue that point he should do it on the other thread. 

You're the one that brought it up and has the issue with it. 

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Stop making things up about me to suit your agenda 

29 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am not castigating a black footballer, I am castigating the fact one spectator out of 31,000 allegedly made a racist comment and it was a news item (twice...) in The Times.

In fact it's also on the BBC news website :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67825183

And in The Daily Mirror :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luton-sheffield-united-racist-incident-31752125

It's even in soddin' Australia.... :

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-27/premier-league-racism-allegation-luton-town-carlton-morris/103266856

TBH I am surprised anyone on here does NOT think this is the biggest over reaction since Covid

What I am sensitive to is being stopped from doing stuff, stuff which was deemed perfectly safe only 20 or 30 years ago.

Can you not see how far all of this is going ?

TBH I do not know why @Delayed was giving a rundown on why all phones "must" be able to dial the emergency services even in lock mode, because I am sure people can work that out for themselves and the pros and cons of that is on the actual thread about it. If he wants to argue that point he should do it on the other thread. 

And so should you , about Covid .:thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I have to say I am losing respect for you AB. You know full well you have never answered the question so you claiming you have is just annoying.

Let's try again :

Do you agree with this statement, yes or no ?

All secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life

Answered in full, with explanations and reasoning in appropriate threads in April and July '23.

Good to see that you have dropped the quotation marks.

On 01/01/2024 at 13:37, Annie Bynnol said:

>>Chekhov said:
I have to say I am losing respect for you AB. You know full well you have never answered the question so you claiming you have is just annoying.

Let's try again :

Do you agree with this statement, yes or no ?

All secondary school pupils [all 3 million of them] wearing masks would be worth it to save one life<<

Answered in full, with explanations and reasoning in appropriate threads in April and July '23.

Good to see that you have dropped the quotation marks.

Failed to answer yet again I see.

Why don't you just be honest, and say you have no intention of answering, rather  than coming out with all this cobblers that you have answered.