Racism : Isn't This All Going A Bit Too Far ?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Probably.

But they know that if they started making monkey noises at a tennis or snooker match, they know their behaviour wouldn't be tolerated, and other spectators would more than likely turn on them.

Very true - does this not happen at football matches? I only ask, because I don't go to them.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Very true - does this not happen at football matches? I only ask, because I don't go to them.

It's years since I went to a football match, but I suspect it doesn't. If it did then the morons would think twice about doing it.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Probably.

But they know that if they started making monkey noises at a tennis or snooker match, they know their behaviour wouldn't be tolerated, and other spectators would more than likely turn on them.

Football attracts a more working class individual and is the most tribal sport on the planet, hence why there is a better atmosphere with fans singing or goading each other...it's what has made it the best and most popular sport in the world.

Unfortunately it also attracts morons who when with a group of friends act differently to what they would as an individual, mob mentality.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Football attracts a more working class individual and is the most tribal sport on the planet, hence why there is a better atmosphere with fans singing or goading each other...it's what has made it the best and most popular sport in the world.

Unfortunately it also attracts morons who when with a group of friends act differently to what they would as an individual, mob mentality.

“Mob mentality” . :thumbsup: I was just about to post that .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Probably.

That is  actually the answer.  the fans need to intervene before it even gets going.  If they start shutting down and playing to empty stadiums.  it's the innocent fans who suffer.

The authorities have allowed yobbish behaviour to carry on too long before making efforts to stop it.   Exactly as happens in the streets too really.

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I think that a Neanderthal who makes monkey gestures at a man with a different coloured skin deserves all the adverse publicity he gets.

Its an appalling act, one worthy of national news and I hope that he ends up in prison.

My bold

Overkill. 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Hope the spanner who racially abused him gets a ban.

Made Sheffield Wednesday headline news, again for the wrong reasons.

A life ban home and away would be appropriate in my view.