Racism : Isn't This All Going A Bit Too Far ?

22 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I'm trying to understand the context of this thread (and the recent bumping post).

Is it to suggest that the police shouldn't investigate racism?

Or about inconsistencies on how the police deal with racist incidents?

Or am I missing something?

It's saying that accusations of racism are made far too easily, and the seriousness with which those "offences" are taken has gone far to far.

It's cobblers.

It is also inconsistent and will, if anything, provoke a backlash. Why should my son's assailants (if the same thing happened to him : bullying and/or assault) get treated less severely than those doing the same to a black kid ?

It's double cobblers anyway as there is hardly any racism in this country, particularly against black people. I don't think I know anyone who is significantly racist against black people.

Just now, Chekhov said:

It's saying that accusations of racism are made far too easily, and the seriousness with which those "offences" are taken has gone far to far.

It's cobblers.

It is also inconsistent and will, if anything, provoke a backlash. Why should my son's assailants (if the same thing happened to him : bullying and/or assault) get treated less severely than those doing the same to a black kid ?

It's double cobblers anyway as there is hardly any racism in this country, particularly against black people. I don't think I know anyone who is significantly racist against black people.

Who are you to decide any of that though?

You're talking in hyperbolic hypothetical whataboutery about your son. Nothing has happened to him, and nothing is likely too (hopefully).

As for there being 'hardly any racism in this country'?! And 'significantly racist against black people'?! Any racism is too much.

17 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Who are you to decide any of that though?

You're talking in hyperbolic hypothetical whataboutery about your son. Nothing has happened to him, and nothing is likely too (hopefully).

As for there being 'hardly any racism in this country'?! And 'significantly racist against black people'?! Any racism is too much.

>>Who are you to decide any of that though?<<

Do you know what a forum is for ?

Who should get to decide it ? The woke MSM ?

>>You're talking in hyperbolic hypothetical whataboutery about your son.<<

My point is entirely relevant.

If my son was bullied in the same way the police would be very unlikely to get involved, they certainly would not put multiple officers on it "working overnight", and they definitely would not arrest anyone.

Why is that irrelevant ?

>>As for there being 'hardly any racism in this country'?! And 'significantly racist against black people'?! Any racism is too much.<<

Racism is to be deplored, but, certainly at the level it is in this country it is not a significant problem and they should not be tallking it up either.

Just out of interest, what is more serious and more deserving of "officers working through the night" ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

PS that's a rhetorical question (or should be)......

17 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Middle aged white man invents assault of his son.

Uses invented assault to get angry about stuff that hasn’t happened. 

Concludes that racism hardly exists. 

I’d like to say that you couldn’t make it up. But Checkers just did. Total fabrication. The entire post.

The above post answers all your points very well.

What is interesting is that when talking to people face to face, incl some rather more leftie than me, nobody thinks the reporting on national news of one member of the crowd allegedly making a racist comment is proportionate.

Nor do they think the police and media response to some (admittedly very unpleasant) bullying is proportionate either.

BTW, which do you think is more serious and more deserving of "officers working through the night" ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The above post answers all your points very well.

What is interesting is that when talking to people face to face, incl some rather more leftie than me, nobody thinks the reporting on national news of one member of the crowd allegedly making a racist comment is proportionate.

Nor do they think the police and media response to some (admittedly very unpleasant) bullying is proportionate either.

BTW, which do you think is more serious and more deserving of "officers working through the night" ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

I think that:

1. You should stop talking to yourself.

2. Consider the fact that some people probably agree with you, just to shut you up.

C. You need to have a harder think about what racism actually is, and what it’s effects are.

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I think that:

2. Consider the fact that some people probably agree with you, just to shut you up.

C. You need to have a harder think about what racism actually is, and what it’s effects are.

You seem to have avoided answering the question (as did @SheffieldForum), is it too difficult for you ? 

Maybe you missed it ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You seem to have avoided answering the question (as did @SheffieldForum), is it too difficult for you ? 

Maybe you missed it ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

The two aren’t mutually exclusive and both should be investigated to the full extent of the law.

2 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I think that:

>>1. You should stop talking to yourself.<<

This is a forum, or so I thought.

That said, there is nothing wrong with talking to yourself, I find I get a better class of conversation TBH....

>>2. Consider the fact that some people probably agree with you, just to shut you up.<<

That's an incredibly patronising comment about people.

But you Leftie authoritarians are always being patronising about people.

>>C. You need to have a harder think about what racism actually is, and what it’s effects are.<<

I am fully aware of what racism is thanks very much and it is to be deplored. But I also I know there is very little of it in this country. There must be if something so minor as an alleged racist comment from one person in a crowd is so out of the ordinary it is broadcast on the news.

QED I think.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Maybe you missed it ? :

1 - A lad being bullied

or

2 - A burglary

I don’t generally reply to moronic, binary, leading questions, I’ll make an exception in this case.

It all depends upon whether the assault is real, or a figment of somebody’s fetid imagination.

• Haha 1