Overused Words.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Not been on the forum much in the last week or so - been back in Sheff (and Warrington) visiting family - last post before today was 25 Dec . Just back home in France this evening.

Hmmmmmmm, how convenient 🤔 

20 minutes ago, cressida said:

I hope @Daddy doesn't stop that.

Thank you cressida lovey. That's nice of you to say. Longcol is just upset that he never manages to win an argument against me 😉

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Most overused words on SF = "Your thoughts".

Strangely enough,  that comes from someone who seems to rarely have any thoughts at all and just drinks his fill at some conspiracy website which tells him what's what in any given situation.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Strangely enough,  that comes from someone who seems to rarely have any thoughts at all and just drinks his fill at some conspiracy website which tells him what's what in any given situation.

In a mood tonight, again . 

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

In a mood tonight, again . 

It's odd that you should turn up because you always seem to be hard of thinking too.

Resulting of course, in no comments except those regarding what other posters have said, which is not very original and offers nothing to the debate.

However,  you are a much, much nicer person than the idiot in question and a credit to your upbringing, compared to the useless waste of space I have referred to.

You could probably be quite interesting if you stated opinions instead of asking questions all the time. 

On 27/12/2023 at 23:28, The_DADDY said:

I see quite a few on the boards, online, on TV. You know the type, they are used so much they lose meaning/impact.

Words like

Racist/Racism 

Sexist/Sexism

Bigot/Bigoted 

Transphobe/Transphobic

Misogynist/Misogynistic 

Nazi/Nazism

Fascist/Fascism 

Those are all I can think of for now.

Are there any you think I missed?

they don’t lose meaning. The meaning is always the same.

the amount in which they are used does not change the meaning either.

if you think people are using them

incorrectly that is a different argument.