Public Transport Vs. Heart Of The City Ii

3 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Genuinely not trying to be antagonistic here, merely curious - to what end is someone doing this? If the bus/tram is coming back that way anyway on the return from the terminus?

Is this to get out of the elements, i.e. raining/cold etc., and not wanting to wait?

Yes, when it's raining hard (no bus shelter at my bus stop) and I see the bus going in the other direction towards the terminus, I'm tempted to jump on it. Otherwise a wait of  maybe 5-10 mins in the rain.

I don't travel often enough to have a multi pass ticket so just pay individual fares.

1 minute ago, WarPig said:

Yes, when it's raining hard (no bus shelter at my bus stop) and I see the bus going in the other direction towards the terminus, I'm tempted to jump on it. Otherwise a wait of  maybe 5-10 mins in the rain.

I don't travel often enough to have a multi pass ticket so just pay individual fares.

Do you not have a tracker on your phone, or use the operators live tracking? I rarely spend long at my stop because I track the bus, and go out when it is showing four or five minutes away.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes, I do know this. I have worked in the transport industry.

You pushed a sandwich trolley. You know nothing of the transport industry at large. 

You've proven time and time again that you know nothing in multiple threads. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Genuinely not trying to be antagonistic here, merely curious - to what end is someone doing this? If the bus/tram is coming back that way anyway on the return from the terminus?

Is this to get out of the elements, i.e. raining/cold etc., and not wanting to wait?

I do know on the Rotherham route I previously mentioned that the terminus is deep in the middle of an estate (we'll call #1), travels through it and then out the other end, it then goes through another estate (we call #2) and then directly into Rotherham Bus station. 

On it's way through #2 heading for the terminus @ #1 the overtravellers board because #1 gets quite busy and being mostly OAPs they want pick of the seats meaning passengers boarding correctly in #1 are disadvantaged. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Resident said:

You pushed a sandwich trolley. You know nothing of the transport industry at large. 

You've proven time and time again that you know nothing in multiple threads. 

Have you ever been a T Key holder??? Didn't think so. Do you know how to deploy a ramp safely? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Resident said:

I do know on the Rotherham route I previously mentioned that the terminus is deep in the middle of an estate (we'll call #1), travels through it and then out the other end, it then goes through another estate (we call #2) and then directly into Rotherham Bus station. 

On it's way through #2 heading for the terminus @ #1 the overtravellers board because #1 gets quite busy and being mostly OAPs they want pick of the seats meaning passengers boarding correctly in #1 are disadvantaged. 

Is that a puzzle because you’ve me confused 😀