Public Transport Vs. Heart Of The City Ii

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Do you not have a tracker on your phone, or use the operators live tracking? I rarely spend long at my stop because I track the bus, and go out when it is showing four or five minutes away.

I didn't;t know this was possible. I'll have a search for it, is it on the First app maybe?

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Have you ever been a T Key holder??? Didn't think so. Do you know how to deploy a ramp safely? 

What has any of that crap got to do with having any intimate and informed knowledge of high level operational management and rules over buses. 

You worked (briefly) for a catering company serving snacks on board a train and now make sandwiches from your unidentifiable, unregistered, unregulated, no FSA rated, cash only dodgy "business".

People are seeing through your act.  

• Like 1

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

What has any of that crap got to do with having any intimate and informed knowledge of high level operational management and rules over buses. 

You worked (briefly) for a catering company serving snacks on board a train and now make sandwiches from your unidentifiable, unregistered, unregulated, no FSA rated, cash only dodgy "business".

That is undeniably true.

38 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It is on the First app, yes. And also their website.

Google maps. Bring up your present location. Just look for the nearest bus stop, tap on the logo and real time bus information will be shown. Very useful if you’re in a strange area and aren’t sure what buses services operate.

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

Google maps. Bring up your present location. Just look for the nearest bus stop, tap on the logo and real time bus information will be shown. Very useful if you’re in a strange area and aren’t sure what buses services operate.

Another good idea, although I, personally, research operators in an unknown area if I'm going to be using them for more than a couple of trips - but each to their own, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

ECCOnoob. A T key is just a t shaped tool with a square end used for unlocking inspection flaps etc. In the old days on the buses they were referred to as a coach key. A 5 year old could operate one. Apparently some people have to be trained.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Another good idea, although I, personally, research operators in an unknown area if I'm going to be using them for more than a couple of trips - but each to their own, I suppose.

Fair comment RollingJ. I was just giving WarPig another option.

• Like 2

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

ECCOnoob. A T key is just a t shaped tool with a square end used for unlocking inspection flaps etc. In the old days on the buses they were referred to as a coach key. A 5 year old could operate one. Apparently some people have to be trained.

I thought that was the case - but don't like arguing with 'experts'.🤣

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Transport workers form alliances. The train company I worked for is also a well renowned bus operator. 

Cash only is not dodgy. How do you think businesses got by 20 years ago before these card readers were invented?

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Transport workers form alliances. The train company I worked for is also a well renowned bus operator. 

Cash only is not dodgy. How do you think businesses got by 20 years ago before these card readers were invented?

So, your 'alliance' with other transport workers gives you informed knowledge of all transport operational management procedures. I suspect the company you worked for (First/Stagecoach?) has different management/procedures for its rail/PSV operations.

They obviously used cash, but not having to have massive floats, cash offices, people to count, bag and transport it to banks are benefits to their operations - and more secure.