Sir Tim Martin

It is hard to fault the prices and the Camra discount-50p. It is hard to fault the service, the range of food and drink. The buildings and locations can be impressive. But there is one thing I have to do every time I stay and that is to hide his awful magazine under the bed. He employs thousands of people.

We would not agree on somethings political but his business has made hundreds of thousands lives that bit better. 

Pint for less than £2 and B&B for less than £70 for two in a Cbarles II coaching inn in a small markel town 45 minutes  from central London and two airports several times and two motorways has saved me a small fortune over the years. 

3 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

But there is one thing I have to do every time I stay and that is to hide his awful magazine under the bed.

I thought that you were meant to read the magazine in the store, not take it home and read it in bed 🤣

Guest ThaBoom

Didn't he close 10 pubs recently and another 35 up for sale.

Pubs are dying and good. Some will be converted to places of worship- that's the future 👍 

1 hour ago, ThaBoom said:

Pubs are dying and good. Some will be converted to places of worship- that's the future 👍 

Times always change, more restaurants and fewer pubs, food is 1/3 of total sales.

2 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

What's good about pubs dying?  Why is the loss of jobs and the enjoyment of millions a good thing?

• Like 1