Fa Cup Sheffield Wednesday V Cardiff

Half Time.

Owls 3-0 Cardiff Windass, OG (I think) Palmer.

Could quite easily have been 3-3. Fair play to Dawson, made some quality saves.

We're playing with an attack and a defence but we don't appear to have a midfield. 😂

As soon as Cardiff have hold of the ball they're straight on top of our goal, nobody there to protect the defence.

For all the spouting previously about Momo Diaby, well I'm far from convinced, he looks slow,  lethargic, cumbersome with errors in his game. Let's hope he's just a bit rusty and off the pace as I'm not seeing it yet from him.

Not over by a long chalk this game, great watch though.

I'm watching the game on Radio Sheffield should anyone be interested, and a good watch it is as well.

Cardiff could have played all night and not scored, just didn't have their shooting boots on.

Wilks made it 4-0 late on with a solo goal, the only type he knows as he won't pass it when he gets hold of it.

Into the next round we go anyway.

Lower league team at home I hope. Give Danny something to experiment with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prince al said:

Wilks showed class today. Long may it continue.

Just wish he'd release it for the better of the team, he's just too greedy. Players stop making runs as they know he won't pass it.

Twice this season Ive seen us be the better side and lose against cardiff to late goals, so it was good to finally nail them. Both keepers were busy throughout and made some great saves, but we stuck 3 excellent finishes away, and the under fire Dawson saving two pens inside the 1st ten minutes turned the tables on his detractors with a MOM performance.

Was a bit suprised to see a pretty strong squad on the park, expected at least a couple of kids in the line up from the off, although they did enter once the result was more or less safe, on the day Cardiff were poor infront of goal.

Edited by staninoodle