Police Investigate Virtual Rape Of Girl In Metaverse

3 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I was driving down the road the other day and some guy was beating up a prostitute so I stopped and he dragged me out the car and drove off 

So I got in my helicopter and chased after him 

Did he beat her up with a purple dildo ?

On 02/01/2024 at 19:21, Organgrinder said:

How can anyone deal with something which never actually happened ?

I suppose some idiot will be wanting to prosecute someone who frightened them in a nightmare next.

Gordon Bennet, the world really is going mad, I actually agree with Organgrinder.......

14 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

GTA has a 18 certificate. It is also well established by the purchaser of such  game what content is going to be expected. Furthermore, it does not show the explicit sex in real time from the first person point of view - so it's hardly equal.

What people seem to be missing here is that metaverse is not simply 'a game'.  The characters and avatars are uniquely designed by the user and identified with a unique name linked to the individual.  There was not a point of expectation which such child user would have their profile  targeted and witness sexual acts committed upon it.   As I mention earlier, the act committed by the alleged perpetrators potentially breaches the law by means of communications or other unwarranted imagery of sexual violence performed directly in front of the eyes of a  minor.  

Virtual world or not, that is potentially a valid prosecution.

You really need to get out more.

Assuming you are not trolling, and what you say is completely consistent with much else you have posted, it really is worrying, nay depressing, that people actually think like this.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Gordon Bennet, the world really is going mad, I actually agree with Organgrinder.......

You really need to get out more.

Assuming you are not trolling, and what you say is completely consistent with much else you have posted, it really is worrying, nay depressing, that people actually think like this.

The law also "thinks like this"

Forgetting the medium, let's just boil this incident down.  A group of perverted adults have targeted a child profile and deliberately created imagery of highly violent sexual acts  played out in real time in front of the eyes of that unknowing child.

You think that's acceptable? You think that's beyond repercussions?   Mind you, I am dealing with the poster who spent an entire thread bemoaning the fact they were restricted from freely filming kids in their swim gear.

I think it's you who is the troll.

Edited by ECCOnoob

47 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The law also "thinks like this"

Forgetting the medium, let's just boil this incident down.  A group of perverted adults have targeted a child profile and deliberately created imagery of highly violent sexual acts  played out in real time in front of the eyes of that unknowing child.

You think that's acceptable? You think that's beyond repercussions?   Mind you, I am dealing with the poster who spent an entire thread bemoaning the fact they were restricted from freely filming kids in their swim gear.

I think it's you who is the troll.

AFAIK we were debating if someone could be accused of "virtual rape".

>>I think it's you who is the troll.<<

Absolutely not, I just think there is such a thing as personal responsibility and personal freedom. Whereas you are not actually trolling, you genuinely think everyone, no matter how irresponsible or just plain dumb they are, should be protected from themselves by more and more regulation, restriction and, ultimately, in this case, prosecution.

>>The law also "thinks like this"<<

Increasingly the law is an ass.

We heard a lot of talk about cleaning up the internet and making it safe but,   like everything,   that's all it was  -  talk.