Ai To Bring Elvis To Life.

15 hours ago, cressida said:

She was at least sixteen and her parents gave permission,  probably wasn't consummated until she was seventeen,  America may have different rules on this.

He courted her in Germany and if he did tamper is family and freinds would have kept stum for obvious reasons, Jerry Lee Lewis Married a young lass in America,  certain States have different Laws.

22 hours ago, iamwoody said:

Just watched the priscilla movie and how Elvis has  got away with  not being called a paedophile is beyond me ?

Went to see the film with one of my sons,   it was mentioned she was seventeen,  must be very authentic as Priscilla herself was the producer.   Set mainly indoors the rooms looked dark.   Neither of them looked contented even with all the money and fame.   Went to Wetherspoons afterwards.  Other son took us to the Trafford Centre and collected us,  Men coming back Monday though trees are down.

21 hours ago, cressida said:

She was at least sixteen and her parents gave permission,  probably wasn't consummated until she was seventeen,  America may have different rules on this.

She was 14 he was 24 lvis and Priscilla Presley were married for six years, from 1967 to 1973. They met in 1959 when Priscilla was 14 and Elvis was 24. Their relationship is covered in the film "Priscilla," directed by Sofia Coppola.3 Nov 2023

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iamwoody said:

She was 14 he was 24 lvis and Priscilla Presley were married for six years, from 1967 to 1973. They met in 1959 when Priscilla was 14 and Elvis was 24. Their relationship is covered in the film "Priscilla," directed by Sofia Coppola.3 Nov 2023

Yes I saw the film today,  so the state was Texas,  don't know what what age was legal there,  there was a furore when Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin who was 13 years old.   It's wrong in that kids that age haven't experienced the ways of the world yet,  but it could be argued some are more mature for their age. 

Priscilla so young looked bewildered.

Priscilla has always said Elvis didn’t consummate their relationship until the wedding night. I’m sure Elvis wanted to mould her into his ideal woman. 

Financially she has done okay using her Presley name. 

14 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Priscilla has always said Elvis didn’t consummate their relationship until the wedding night. I’m sure Elvis wanted to mould her into his ideal woman. 

Financially she has done okay using her Presley name. 

Yourself and Cressida are spot on,   her naivety in a lot of respects were also a big plus for him.