Chivalry

For those old of us to remember it was basically how a man was expected to treat a lady…usually to achieve a happy result!

I’ve come across a few that may ring a few bells…. (Courtesy of a web site!)

Opening a door

Offering your seat

Helping with a coat

Sharing an umbrella

Dinner table etiquette 

Giving attention

Remembering something significant

Sending unexpected flowers

Anyhow, a lady friend of ours went to the seaside with her weekend partner. A big bloke. They are walking along the prom and he fell off the kerb and pulled her with him. Unfortunately  for her he fell on top of her and broke her leg. She then spends 10 hours in A&E.  She gets transported home and basically spends the days with her leg up and relying on friends and neighbours to provide meals, walk the dog and so on. After a few days , he turns up. No get well card or bunch of flowers to be seen. Instead, what does he bring. His washing!

Now, I won’t be alone in saying us blokes have done some pretty dumb things in our lives, but this takes prime spot. 
There’s more as well. She asked him to put her car in the garage. He did that but managed to scrape the car in the process.

Must admit I felt rather good after hearing the story.

I'm liking that,  the only man on here who would treat me like a 'princess' has to be - you can guess really,  and he has my email address.

In all truth a person's upbringing has a lot to do with it as it becomes second nature,  if it isn't then it's hard for some men to keep up the niceties.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not always easy when the fair sex pass judgement.

Anyone else chuckle at the irony that the guy was being send down for a violent assault in the first place.

I bet he'll be serving a pretty lengthy spell after that one.

10 minutes ago, geared said:

Anyone else chuckle at the irony that the guy was being send down for a violent assault in the first place.

I bet he'll be serving a pretty lengthy spell after that one.

I’m in a better place now, I’ve had an epiphany, I understand myself better now, I never stop trying to do the right thing, blah, blah, blah.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

I’m in a better place now, I’ve had an epiphany, I understand myself better now, I never stop trying to do the right thing, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, but have you found God? That's always a good card to play during the parole hearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morts said:

For those old of us to remember it was basically how a man was expected to treat a lady…usually to achieve a happy result!

Opening a door

Offering your seat

Helping with a coat

Sharing an umbrella

Dinner table etiquette 

Giving attention

Anyhow, a lady friend of ours went to the seaside with her weekend partner. A big bloke. They are walking along the prom and he fell off the kerb and pulled her with him. Unfortunately  for her he fell on top of her and broke her leg. She then spends 10 hours in A&E.  She gets transported home and basically spends the days with her leg up and relying on friends and neighbours to provide meals, walk the dog and so on. After a few days , he turns up. No get well card or bunch of flowers to be seen. Instead, what does he bring. His washing!

Now, I won’t be alone in saying us blokes have done some pretty dumb things in our lives, but this takes prime spot. 
There’s more as well. She asked him to put her car in the garage. He did that but managed to scrape the car in the process.

Yes Morts that how a gentleman should treat a lady and I was raised on that basis. The trouble nowadays is, with womens’ lib and so called equality, that if you, for example, open a door and say ‘after you’ to a woman she’s just as likely to ignore you as say thank you.

I have always stood up and offered my seat to a lady when a train or tube is crowded.

I knew that I was getting older when, on the Milan metro, a teenage girl stood up and offered me her seat.😀I thanked her but gracefully declined. Then again I think the Italian youngsters have more respect for family and the older generation.

echo.

PS. I also had a better view of the notorious foreign pickpockets whilst stood up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morts said:

Opening a door

Offering your seat

Helping with a coat

Sharing an umbrella

Dinner table etiquette 

Giving attention

What’s up with that? She can still do weshing and ironing with a bad leg . She sounds a bit lazy to me.

• Haha 1