Red Sea Bullsht?

So apparently prices of everything have to go up because a few drones and missiles have been fired at some ships

But NATO has sent the best navy ships in the world and the Suez Canal is still open and its business as usual 

Are businesses just taking advantage of another conflict to falsely inflate prices and profits? 

31 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

So apparently prices of everything have to go up because a few drones and missiles have been fired at some ships

But NATO has sent the best navy ships in the world and the Suez Canal is still open and its business as usual 

Are businesses just taking advantage of another conflict to falsely inflate prices and profits? 

It isn't business as usual  -  some are going around Africa.

That's their modus operandi  -  have you only just found out ?

Edited by Organgrinder

28 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm sure this is the article I read recently...

I'll double check later when I have time but it seems like the same one..

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-global/ben-gurion-canal-suez-israel-9021520/lite/

Have a read 👍

36 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Is that the Libertarian view of current affairs?

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I highly doubt that companies are choosing to go round the Horn and add what, 2 to 3 weeks to journey times, willingly. 

That's what it said on the news this morning  -  BBC I think..    Not every company is willing to take the risk and they will up their prices to cover it.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

That's what it said on the news this morning  -  BBC I think..    Not every company is willing to take the risk and they will up their prices to cover it.

Exactly, because it costs more so that gets passed on. No conspiracy here. 

53 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Exactly, because it costs more so that gets passed on. No conspiracy here. 

Who said it was a conspiracy ?