Daylight Robbery

I asked my wife to get two watches fitted with new batteries, this was while she was at Crystal Peaks this morning, she went to the stall close to the escalator, she gave the two watches to the saleswoman, one an Seconda which cost around £30, for a battery my wife was quoted £26 and the other one , a Rotary, this cost me £100 and the saleswomen quoted for a new battery £35, my wife did say that both quotes were to expensive, the assistant then said for the price " we clean the watch and it's guaranteed" for what it was guaranteed for who knows, my wife declined both prices and went into the market at the Peaks and got both watches fitted with new batteries for £4 each.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vmam said:

I asked my wife to get two watches fitted with new batteries, this was while she was at Crystal Peaks this morning, she went to the stall close to the escalator, she gave the two watches to the saleswoman, one an Seconda which cost around £30, for a battery my wife was quoted £26 and the other one , a Rotary, this cost me £100 and the saleswomen quoted for a new battery £35, my wife did say that both quotes were to expensive, the assistant then said for the price " we clean the watch and it's guaranteed" for what it was guaranteed for who knows, my wife declined both prices and went into the market at the Peaks and got both watches fitted with new batteries for £4 each.

Same happened to me some years ago. I took my watch to Hinds at CP's and they quoted me over £100 to replace the battery and as it was quite an expensive watch it would have to be sent off to London. I declined the offer and took it to a man in the market (he's no longer there). It took him a few minutes to change the battery and he charged me a couple of quid.  The battery lasted for a long time before he replaced it for me again. When I told the assistant at Hinds she said that they're highly trained and the man in the market wasn't! I never went there again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

Same happened to me some years ago. I took my watch to Hinds at CP's and they quoted me over £100 to replace the battery and as it was quite an expensive watch it would have to be sent off to London. I declined the offer and took it to a man in the market (he's no longer there). It took him a few minutes to change the battery and he charged me a couple of quid.  The battery lasted for a long time before he replaced it for me again. When I told the assistant at Hinds she said that they're highly trained and the man in the market wasn't! I never went there again.

My mates Mrs used to work at Hinds . I asked her how much they charged for a new battery , she told me to get them from Poundland .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t know if the offer still applies but some years ago I signed up with Timpsons for a watch battery for life on a decent watch.

Had 3 batteries so far and happy with the service.

• Like 1