Rip David Soul

Well none of us are perfect I suppose and the tipping over point varies with individuals.

Excess alcohol certainly doesn’t help.

Like most men it’s never crossed my mind to be violent to any of the fairer sex who I’ve come across in my life but perhaps I’ve been lucky.

David was multi talented and it’s sad when anyone, particularly a contemporary person, dies. At least Starsky is still with us although he’s now 80!

RIP.

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

Well none of us are perfect I suppose and the tipping over point varies with individuals.

Excess alcohol certainly doesn’t help.

Like most men it’s never crossed my mind to be violent to any of the fairer sex who I’ve come across in my life but perhaps I’ve been lucky.

David was multi talented and it’s sad when anyone, particularly a contemporary person, dies. At least Starsky is still with us although he’s now 80!

RIP.

And Starsky went through the whole Aids/HIV thing.

7 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I’m not sure that’s even a defence mate,

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Having lived with an abusive partner there were times when I was provoked almost to the point of retaliation. 

Note the word 'almost'.. 

Thankfully those days are behind me now. 

On 05/01/2024 at 14:33, Mister M said:

1970s icon David Soul has passed away at the age of 80.

He will be best known for Starsky and Hutch, but also was in the brilliant TV film Salem's Lot.

My bold. 

That was a great mini-series.  I can still remember the lad's mate returning as a vampire & floating outside his bedroom, tapping on his window. 

As for Starsky & Hutch, a great detective series & having re-seen the series last year on one of the channels, it was very dark & gritty in the first series. 

I've looked up Paul Michael Glazer.  He's also 80 years old but looks remarkably in good nick. 

RIP. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

That was a great mini-series.  I can still remember the lad's mate returning as a vampire & floating outside his bedroom, tapping on his window. 

As for Starsky & Hutch, a great detective series & having re-seen the series last year on one of the channels, it was very dark & gritty in the first series. 

I've looked up Paul Michael Glazer.  He's also 80 years old but looks remarkably in good nick. 

RIP. 

Are you a Proctologist ?  😀

• Haha 1

I wasn’t a fan of Starsky & Hutch but after his death I was watching a video of David Soul singing “ Don’t Give Up On Us” and was surprised what a good singer he was.

Edited by pattricia