Why Should Someone Who Attacks A White Man Get A Less Severe Sentence ?

Man sentenced for homophobic attack on The Vivienne - BBC News

At an earlier hearing, held to determine whether or not the assault was motivated by homophobia,

The attacker broke the law and should be prosecuted and punished for assault, not many people would argue with that.

But there is no reason the police should take this attack more seriously (or the attacker should get a more severe sentence) than it would had he assaulted anyone else.

It's woke cobblers like this that brings the law, and society, into disrepute.

Edited by Chekhov

Hate crime laws are ridiculous.

They basically say that if you call someone hurty names whilst stomping on their head, that is worse than if you just stomp on someone's head. 

It's clown world logic. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hate crime laws are ridiculous.

They basically say that if you call someone hurty names whilst stomping on their head, that is worse than if you just stomp on someone's head. 

It's clown world logic. 

I agree, it's all subjective virtue signalling cobblers anyway. They held a hearing to determine if it might have been a hate crime. It's irrelevant ! 

By definition all this hate crime stuff means the police must take crimes against, say straight white man, less seriously than against an increasingly long list of people who are deemed worthy of "special protection". And there was some talk recently about having women put on that list which would OFFICIALLY mean that the majority of people will fall into that category.

Whatever happened to everybody being equal in the eyes of the law ?

Edited by Chekhov

Strange isn't it that some of this 'woke legislation' was introduced when the triad of culture warriors Suella Braverman, Priti Patel, and Kemi Badenoch were all high profile ministers, and didn't see fit to repeal earlier 'hate legislation'.

Probably not right wing enough.... 

Edited by Mister M

20 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I agree, it's all subjective virtue signalling cobblers anyway. They held a hearing to determine if it might have been a hate crime. It's irrelevant ! 

By definition all this hate crime stuff means the police must take crimes against, say straight white man, less seriously than against an increasingly long list of people who are deemed worthy of "special protection". And there was some talk recently about having women put on that list which would OFFICIALLY mean that the majority of people will fall into that category.

My bold.

Hmmm, doesn't seem to be that way anymore does it.

It reminds me of a problem we had at my daughters school. 

There was this one lad, a horrible vile little creature who delighted in causing problems. Anyways, he decided his new target was my little one. He would follow her around school, push her, trip her, call her spaz and retard, punch her in the arm. It was reported Many times yet nowt was done. I decided to tell my daughter "the next time he lays a hand on you then drop him".

He did. She warned him, he hit her again so

She dropped him (apparently it was a lovely left hook to the face) then all hell broke lose. 

My daughters retaliation was considered 'racial' despite the fact she called him no names, gave him a warning yet he still hit her. The fact he repeatedly called her names based on her learning difficulties nothing was done.

It's just kids being kids was the line they used 🙄

45 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Was there ever a time when everyone was equal in the eyes of the law ?      I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Was there ever a time when everyone was equal in the eyes of the law ?      I don't think so.

We’re all equal, it’s just that some are more equal than others!😀

echo.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

At an earlier hearing, held to determine whether or not the assault was motivated by homophobia,

The attacker broke the law and should be prosecuted and punished for assault, not many people would argue with that.

But there is no reason the police should take this attack more seriously (or the attacker should get a more severe sentence) than it would had he assaulted anyone else.

Why did you mention skin colour in your thread title and posts? There's nothing in the article that suggests it was anything to do with race. The names of the two people involved are James Lee Williams and Alan Whitfield, neither of which suggests either is anything other than white.

22 minutes ago, altus said:

Why did you mention skin colour in your thread title and posts? There's nothing in the article that suggests it was anything to do with race. The names of the two people involved are James Lee Williams and Alan Whitfield, neither of which suggests either is anything other than white.

Because he's having a continuing mental breakdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

What are you wibbling on about now?

Have a Kit Kat and smile a bit.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Haha 1