World Birthrate

34 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

It doesn't matter if the birthrates are falling....

People are living longer and 9 billion people still produce a lot of children.

The population of the planet will continue for snowball to unsustainable levels 

As many people on the planet are already driving,  flying and using resources at unsustainable levels,  in the same manner as you do,  I wouldn't worry about it.

Everybody else has a right to be as inconsiderate about the planet as you are.

They can enjoy themselves too.

58 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As many people on the planet are already driving,  flying and using resources at unsustainable levels,  in the same manner as you do,  I wouldn't worry about it.

Everybody else has a right to be as inconsiderate about the planet as you are.

They can enjoy themselves too.

Ok 👍

5 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

Jesus, looking at the map, I'm surprised any work gets done in Africa and the Middle East with all the shagging they seem to be doing 🤣

It doesnt take long though?

While it's slowing in the west and other developed nations, it's increasing rapidly in Africa and a few other places. In 2010 the population of Nigeria was 159 million. It's now 230 million. That's an increase of 71 million (more than the UK population) in less than 15 years.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

While it's slowing in the west and other developed nations, it's increasing rapidly in Africa and a few other places. In 2010 the population of Nigeria was 159 million. It's now 230 million. That's an increase of 71 million (more than the UK population) in less than 15 years.

But nobody has any ideas how to stop it.     The world's full of runaway trains at the moment and nobody knows what to do about any of them.

I expect climate change will deal with the lot as we won't deal with climate change.

50 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

But nobody has any ideas how to stop it.     The world's full of runaway trains at the moment and nobody knows what to do about any of them.

I expect climate change will deal with the lot as we won't deal with climate change.

Well they do - economic development. It's what turned Italy from a country where people had 5-10 kids each to one where they don't have even one each, in the space of a century.

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Well they do - economic development. It's what turned Italy from a country where people had 5-10 kids each to one where they don't have even one each, in the space of a century.

What about Africa, India and China which make up nearly half the world's population and who are also the poorest places on earth?